Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

Posted

We had rain on frost this morning..started to melt the frost then stopped and froze again!! Now all melted away and rain clouds approaching...

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a plan......   All this marginal/north of the M4 malarkey is too boring to tolerate any longer, we've got to do something. Considering just how much rain we get down here, we could have the m

Agreed. Trough circa 3am may extend snow showers across even to S of London (hence UKMO warning amended). Meanwhile, latest UKV and MOGREPS signal for snow remains particularly strong for Exmoor and M

What a beauty!   By far the best chart of the Winter, very much deserving of an OMG for this regional.      You couldn't make it up, just remember as a NWP model chart at t+84 hours, it is jus

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I believe we won't be getting anything here, just a few flurries. looking at all latest data available the best we can hope for is, potentially some snow before turns to rain, all the main action further north and east of here, not by far though so could be a surprise.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yes, sadly it seems the snowgods have given us a good old shafting (even here in the north east of the region)

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

NW radar has been showing sleet/rain falling here for the last hour and a half, I have to tell them that it's not reaching the ground! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Not here yet although temperature is too high I think regardless of forecast saying snow on high gound :sorry:

Posted

NW radar has been showing sleet/rain falling here for the last hour and a half, I have to tell them that it's not reaching the ground! 

It's not based on somebody watching it, it is based (I believe) on rainfall radar and current local temperature where it (suggests it could be precipitation of another type). You can't take it for gospel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Just started raining here. 2.7C dp0.3. Ely 2Bft. 1009mb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Got down to -3.8°C this morning, white everywhere!

Currently 4.3°C and spitting with rain.

It's not based on somebody watching it, it is based (I believe) on rainfall radar and current local temperature where it (suggests it could be precipitation of another type). You can't take it for gospel.

It's based on the NMM charts I believe?! If you have access the NMM on Netweather, the precip-type chart is almost an exact match to the precip-type radar for a specific time frame. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Light rain here, think I'd prefer mild rain instead of cold rain!

Posted

Light rain has just started to fall here as expected :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Depressing reading those status updates on the righthand side of the index page  :closedeyes:  ahh well good for them, I'm not jealous...honest :blink2:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

has anyone seen the Netweather forecast for Feb? I cant see where or ow this Scandi ridge is going to push in looking at the models? Is it already out of date

Posted

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Very wet but nice to see it falling even if it does turn back to rain soon.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Send it here please!

Posted

Send it here please!

Still to light and patchy, few flakes here and a few flakes there I dare say if we got some decent intensity going it could get interesting but from what I gather that doesn't happen until we get warmer air in the mix later down here? :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Wrong side of marginal here too but oh so close and yet to begin as the precipitation is a fair few miles due West of my location right now. AT 0.8c  :cold: DP 0.1c  :nonono: couldn't make it up. Surely will be some snow on the local downs at least for a while, here's hoping it does indeed intensify as it moves and slows up its progression Eastwards. Keep the reports coming guys n gals.  :friends:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
    Posted

Wrong side of marginal here too but oh so close and yet to begin as the precipitation is a fair few miles due West of my location right now. AT 0.8c  :cold: DP 0.1c  :nonono: couldn't make it up. Surely will be some snow on the local downs at least for a while, here's hoping it does indeed intensify as it moves and slows up its progression Eastwards. Keep the reports coming guys n gals.  :friends:

Back to very light sleet here and occasional flake but it is so light and I'm praying tonight delivers some interest before it moves into midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Ppn falling ..Not a lot ... Temperature 2.4c. Pressure 995.2 hpa.  Dew Point -1.0c.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Ppn falling ..Not a lot ... Temperature 2.4c. Pressure 995.2 hpa.  Dew Point -1.0c.

You pressure reading is way off. Stations near the center of the low are only getting to 1002mb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Back to very light sleet here and occasional flake but it is so light and I'm praying tonight delivers some interest before it moves into midlands.

Yes, I must say by watching the radar, the progress of the system is very slow and dare I say, my prediction from yesterday might yet come to fruition. I'm just not too sure about where all the warmer uppers will be and whether they might yet not visit this region. Definitely a radar watch for now and a Lamp-post watch for some.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Just had some light snow at the Uni in Bath - nothing to get excited about but another 'day' of falling snow... :D

• Like 2
    Posted

Have bunked off work from the centre of Bristol to head to higher ground in the North West of the city hoping it would lead to something more wintry but the temp is 4.1 and there are cold ice pellets falling from the sky - yuck!