Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Norway? :p

I found out it's bridgewater!! Only lasted a few minutes and was very light

Fromey

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a plan......   All this marginal/north of the M4 malarkey is too boring to tolerate any longer, we've got to do something. Considering just how much rain we get down here, we could have the m

Agreed. Trough circa 3am may extend snow showers across even to S of London (hence UKMO warning amended). Meanwhile, latest UKV and MOGREPS signal for snow remains particularly strong for Exmoor and M

What a beauty!   By far the best chart of the Winter, very much deserving of an OMG for this regional.      You couldn't make it up, just remember as a NWP model chart at t+84 hours, it is jus

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

cloudless skies, -2c or there abouts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I notice the NW monthly forecast for Feb has it colder than average and wetter than average for our part of the UK, does that equal lots of snow ??  :pardon:  ;)  :help:  :crazy:

• Like 3
    Posted

W COUNTRY Risk of disruptive snow Weds looks small across S England; 30% chance of snow falling in any one location; 10% chance it settles

latest from Ian :)

Posted

W COUNTRY Risk of disruptive snow Weds looks small across S England; 30% chance of snow falling in any one location; 10% chance it settles

latest from Ian :)

There's always a chance! Hope it snows!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

latest NetWeather forecast for February......full of eastern promise!  :cold:  :smile:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=monthly;sess=

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Here comes the cloud!

post-15177-0-80249900-1421700389_thumb.p

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well this hasn't really turned out to be a great cold spell, and unfortunately it looks like it's going to fizzle out with a whimper by the weekend.

Still plenty of time yet for a decent cold spell, but I don't know about anyone else, but as winter draws to an end, I have stronger feelings towards warmer weather then cold which means I have about a 4 week window to get some decent cold and snow.

Rubbish pic of snow on the weekend, hey its snow.

tn_gallery_2123_1635_2977128.jpg

Edited by SteveB
    • Like 4
    Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

12z NMM and Euro4 are at total opposite ends of the spectrum with respect of precipitation for Tues/Weds.

NMM has departed from its middle ground scenario from the last day or so and races the fronts through by 0am Weds: http://www.meteociel...mode=42&map=331

Euro4, in complete contrast, has the front stuck over the western third of the UK at 12pm Weds: http://www.weatheron...38;HH=36&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV

There have been clear skies all day here, but now it is dark, pesky cloud has inexplicably pitched up yet again to prevent a significant frost. Minimum -1.2C, but now -0.9C.

Edited by The Enforcer
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Currently -1.6C with a DP of -2.7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

wow, -4c here.....coldest since 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

12z NMM and Euro4 are at total opposite ends of the spectrum with respect of precipitation for Tues/Weds.

NMM has departed from its middle ground scenario from the last day or so and races the fronts through by 0am Weds: http://www.meteociel...mode=42&map=331

Euro4, in complete contrast, has the front stuck over the western third of the UK at 12pm Weds: http://www.weatheron...38;HH=36&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV

There have been clear skies all day here, but now it is dark, pesky cloud has inexplicably pitched up yet again to prevent a significant frost. Minimum -1.2C, but now -0.9C.

-2.7c a few miles north of you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snowing only light though

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Well this hasn't really turned out to be a great cold spell, and unfortunately it looks like it's going to fizzle out with a whimper by the weekend.

Still plenty of time yet for a decent cold spell, but I don't know about anyone else, but as winter draws to an end, I have stronger feelings towards warmer weather then cold which means I have about a 4 week window to get some decent cold and snow.

Rubbish pic of snow on the weekend, hey its snow.

tn_gallery_2123_1635_2977128.jpg

Can't believe I missed it snowing in Weston, was raining here when I looked that morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers. cold snowy winters

got to -0.1C about 5.30 now risen to 1.4 awaiting the drizzle and mist to arrive  :help:

Posted

-2.7c a few miles north of you. 

Min has been -1.3C, now -1.2C *shakes fist at cloud*

Edited by The Enforcer
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers. cold snowy winters

Been away from the forecasts today but you have to laugh. Yesterday the great mild warm up was underway from tomorrow IMBY but after tomorrows dank day I 'm being forecast snow for Wednesday and then Thursday top temp is now 3C!!!  I kid you not I was predicted 8C for Thursday yesterday. 

I know the westerly milder flow is on its way but its taking its time to get here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes some thicker cloud rolling through was -2c at 7pm, if it wasn't for cloud would be down to even less by now. -3.7c now after an hour of clear skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Well the model melt down thread have moved on from this no show cold spell and are currently looking at the next let down in FI around the beginning of February!

Fromey

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Can't believe I missed it snowing in Weston, was raining here when I looked that morning.

I don't think it snowed everywhere in Weston, I know it was on sleet in locking as reported by my inlaws

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ah, The Enforcer! I moved down the road to Kennington back in December, Abingdon was cool but Kennington was calling!

Funny enough, I live on bit of a hill, according to earthtools, the house is about 90m ASL. That 50m height I gained might make all the difference (joking!)

• Like 1
    Posted

-1.5C new minimum

*still shaking fist at cloud*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

-1.5C new minimum

*still shaking fist at cloud*

Is your weather station online?

Posted

Ah, The Enforcer! I moved down the road to Kennington back in December, Abingdon was cool but Kennington was calling!

Funny enough, I live on bit of a hill, according to earthtools, the house is about 90m ASL. That 50m height I gained might make all the difference (joking!)

Glad you've settled into the area. You'll be on the Bagley Wood side of Kennington. Extra bit of elevation can't do any harm. At some point you'll observe that the amount of snow that sticks there is noticeably greater than here.