Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

Posted
  • Location: Somerset midway between Bath&Wells. Mendips 200m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
  • Location: Somerset midway between Bath&Wells. Mendips 200m asl

Sounds like you've set a weird zoom for the page - does pressing ctrl & + zoom it in for you? 

Yes it did, no longer need a magnifying glass or to sit three feet back from the monitor. Thank you.

• Like 3
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a plan......   All this marginal/north of the M4 malarkey is too boring to tolerate any longer, we've got to do something. Considering just how much rain we get down here, we could have the m

Agreed. Trough circa 3am may extend snow showers across even to S of London (hence UKMO warning amended). Meanwhile, latest UKV and MOGREPS signal for snow remains particularly strong for Exmoor and M

What a beauty!   By far the best chart of the Winter, very much deserving of an OMG for this regional.      You couldn't make it up, just remember as a NWP model chart at t+84 hours, it is jus

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

If referring to Mark Bayles post, that's precipitation not temps i think

My bad!! Off to spec savers I go!!!

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sweet Jesus, according to a chart just posted on the 12z 10c now on Wednesday!!!! Wtf flip/flop

Fromey

That'll only be within the warm sector of the passing depression I imagine, the rest of the week remains well below average for most in this region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Swanage is in a bit of a bowl though

The independent station is not in the Swanage bay area itself, it's at 76m and further South. That's why I'm impressed! :)

post-15177-0-08930400-1421686931_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

-2.3c :cold:

Posted

Over 250m with hill behind me climbing up to 290m hasn't done me much good last 2 winters though.. :nonono:

-1.4c and falling fast, really is a shame we cant just get one clear night to record some stonkers.

Now -1.6c

Penhill weather station just up the road from green ore is forcast to go down to -3.2 tonight

Posted

-1.2°C falling fast now its -2.4°C to beat from last night not really going to be a problem at this rate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

The independent station is not in the Swanage bay area itself, it's at 76m and further South. That's why I'm impressed! :)

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-01-19-16-59-55.png

hahah fair enough

Posted

Roll on an early warm Spring.

Despite favourable "back ground signals" and "the signs are there" it seems the UK Meto are the forecasting stars this Winter.

• Like 1
    Posted

Ok i'm very confused. Yesterday tomorrow was looking all on for at least North Hampshire for some snow. What's happened now? Heard nothing today. Has it all gone titsies upsies?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

-2.3c :cold:

-10c on the cards yet. :D  First band of precipitation reaches your patch between 9 and 12 I seem to remember, now if only it could arrive earlier. Nonetheless, you're in the best place of most of us in the regional for the snowy bits n pieces when the precipitation does arrive. The downs around me might see a temporary covering late afternoon to evening with a bit of luck too.

0.3c AT, -1.3c DP after a daytime max of 2.3c.  :cold:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
    Posted

Woohoo just dropped below freezing -0.1c

Fromey

Posted

Ok i'm very confused. Yesterday tomorrow was looking all on for at least North Hampshire for some snow. What's happened now? Heard nothing today. Has it all gone titsies upsies?

Latest analysis suggests a little precipitation about and will likely be rain/sleet to lower levels and snow on highest hills etc. Still a wait and see in my mind as we've been here a hundred times before. :db:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
    Posted

Only a little bit?! Oh so it will have run out before it even gets here then lol. Ah well ok. I'm all given up :-) Roll on spring I wanna go in the garden.

Dew point -4 and temp -1c. Seems perfect for snow? How's it gonna be rain?

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
    Posted

Only a little bit?! Oh so it will have run out before it even gets here then lol. Ah well ok. I'm all given up :-) Roll on spring I wanna go in the garden.

Dew point -4 and temp -1c. Seems perfect for snow? How's it gonna be rain?

I think it will stall or at least slow down and give us a few surprises anyway but of course that isn't what the models suggest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

-0.6C here. Cloud free ATM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Penhill weather station just up the road from green ore is forcast to go down to -3.2 tonight

Well maybe we shall peak early before this cloud :D

-2.8c

-10c on the cards yet. :D  First band of precipitation reaches your patch between 9 and 12 I seem to remember, now if only it could arrive earlier. Nonetheless, you're in the best place of most of us in the regional for the snowy bits n pieces when the precipitation does arrive. The downs around me might see a temporary covering late afternoon to evening with a bit of luck too.

0.3c AT, -1.3c DP after a daytime max of 2.3c.  :cold:

I wish, not seen -10 for 2 years now :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

This is turning into the most uninspiring cold spell, yes coldest in 2 years but that means sweet fa following last Winter. I except living in Bristol I am not placed best for snow but these last 2 winters are really depressing.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

I notice a few wintry showers on the North Devon coast around Exmoor, currently drifting due East up the coast. Any reports..

• Like 2
    Posted

This is turning into the most uninspiring cold spell, yes coldest in 2 years but that means sweet fa following last Winter. I except living in Bristol I am not placed best for snow but these last 2 winters are really depressing.

To be honest I think we expect too much from a British winter in the 21st century. Last year was dire, I'm still glad this winter has turned out nothing like that.

As to colder conditions, well I guess it's easy to say in looking back but there seems to be a short lived change in the NH with respect to the PV, and one that we know little about.

Give it a few years we will have it mastered. Actually I think the Met Office still have the best shot at this irrespective of what's said, all around they still come out on top.

Edited by Dorsetbred
    • Like 1
    Posted

A friend on facebook down in Kingsdown said it snowing very light, I don't know where Kingsdown is but she live in bridgewater, I have noticed some showers hugging the North Coast at the moment.

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Yay! Finally..

post-15177-0-99092900-1421695309_thumb.p

Posted

A friend on facebook down in Kingsdown said it snowing very light, I don't know where Kingsdown is

Norway? :p
    • Like 2