Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a plan......   All this marginal/north of the M4 malarkey is too boring to tolerate any longer, we've got to do something. Considering just how much rain we get down here, we could have the m

Agreed. Trough circa 3am may extend snow showers across even to S of London (hence UKMO warning amended). Meanwhile, latest UKV and MOGREPS signal for snow remains particularly strong for Exmoor and M

What a beauty!   By far the best chart of the Winter, very much deserving of an OMG for this regional.      You couldn't make it up, just remember as a NWP model chart at t+84 hours, it is jus

Posted Images

Just plain old rain here, a bit sleety every now and again, the intensity of these showers just isn't heavy enough to drag the freezing level down.

No ppn ever seems to give me a direct hit this evening to find out. :cc_confused:

No ppn ever seems to give me a direct hit this evening to find out. :cc_confused:

Looking at radar give 30 if we dont get any time for bed i think...

Edited by lfcdude

Proper snow has arrived! finally nice birthday treat haha!

Happy Belated Birthday! :) my birthday is on 11th September, the chance of snow is so remote I'd see cows fly before that even occurs. Bring on the BLIZZARDS!!!. :help::shok:

• Like 3

It's on and off wet snow and sleet. Just need a bit more intensity. And just saw a flash in the sky.

And it registered on Blitzortung - Yay - first lightning / sleet / snow ever seen!

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 2

Happy Belated Birthday! :) my birthday is on 11th September, the chance of snow is so remote I'd see cows fly before that even occurs. Bring on the BLIZZARDS!!!. :help::shok:

Thanks. Think i'll see what the next batch of showers offer then head by to bed as i don't see any point in myself staying up if nothings happening.

Really struggling to see anything else but sleet. Might wake up to a dusting if we're lucky and the temp can lower a bit more in intense bursts through the night.

Really struggling to see anything else but sleet. Might wake up to a dusting if we're lucky and the temp can lower a bit more in intense bursts through the night.

Think we need to hope the models have a good handle on things regarding the end of the weekend and into next week.

Looking at the radar it's all going too far north for here, not holding out much hope to see anything.

It is disappointing to see really. all about 10 miles north :wallbash:  :wallbash:

I give up watching :cc_confused:

Think we need to hope the models have a good handle on things regarding the end of the weekend and into next week.

Yeah, I don't think were done with things yet. Some promising synoptics in the outputs in the not too distant future.

It is disappointing to see really. all about 10 miles north :wallbash:  :wallbash:

I'm sure we'll get more chances. Too sporadic and marginal to be waiting on each "clump" of ppn.

Doing the post code zoom thingy I don't think it's even that far away. Pondering how sad it would be to go out for a little drive around...