Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

-5c here, coldest since February 2012 as far as I can tell from a quick glance of the Davis figures. I wonder what Benson as an example got down to in the end. Patchy bits of rain now heading very slowly towards Western extremities, along with some milder Temperatures.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

-5c here, coldest since February 2012 as far as I can tell from a quick glance of the Davis figures. I wonder what Benson as an example got down to in the end. Patchy bits of rain now heading very slowly towards Western extremities, along with some milder Temperatures.

Minimum of -8.4C: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcpjxj1hq

although XCWeather now claims it is now only -1C (surely not less cold than here?): http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Now if you'd kindly rotate 90-degrees...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Feeling left out........

warming up rapidly now ready for the rain later

• Like 3

Posted

Get lost with your milder tosh :-D

-6.9c here over night and -1c now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

-4.7C was my minimum last night, making it the coldest night of the season, just a bit colder than 29th December. Lovely frosty start, everything white, and a beautiful sunrise to go with it. Glorious sunshine since though a slight breeze has started to pick up lifting the temperature to 2C so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Long way off but does anyone else think Next weekend current charts look ripe for cold?

If that high can just budge a little further west in to the Atlantic could open the floodgates for cold.

Runs can changes so much as we know though with the last cold spell downgraded significantly compared to the runs showing 3 Polar lows in the runs before the cold spell started.

As ever these GFS charts can over do it and over pronounce the cold and normally the depth and Longevity of any cold but its not out of the question for us to see something wintry as we move in to February.

I`m an 80`s child and remember some corkers in February despite the strong sunshine and longer days. Stronger sun can beef up snow showers get them further inland and clump then together in to troughs so not all bad IMHO.

I`m a complete novice and follow the weather /snow /summer storms for fun so i have no technical knowledge whatsoever compared to many here and of course the legend himself I.F

Posted

A cracking graph today..

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-01-23-11-11-28.png

Now that makes me yearn for an Anticyclonic spell in March with hard frosts and warm sunny days! Those days when you can feel the temperature climb quickly between 08.00-09.00!

• Like 2

Posted

Couple of photos I took from this beautiful morning .

post-13809-0-22780400-1422016272_thumb.j

post-13809-0-17616100-1422016293_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted

What a cracker of a day, great sunshine after a belter of overnight frost, now warming nicely in the midday sun. Luv it.

In keeping with the new "trend" I've turned my Avatar upside down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Bit of a winter is over post by Steve Murr in the MAD MOD thread, so its not looking too good for us with regards to 6 feet of snow, its been an average winter so far although its had its moments which haven't quite come off. The OPI thing really didn't come off which is a shame as well. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

I wouldn't be surprised.

Minimum -4C here, coldest night of the winter and still -2C.

Avatar adjusted in solidarity with 'sidewaysnow'.

lol. 

Posted

Feeling left out........

warming up rapidly now ready for the rain later

I can't help it. Will have to do a new Pic. Kinda funny though, have not got the Foggiest, when it comes to Tech stuff.  (as you can tell!) 

Posted

What a cracker of a day, great sunshine after a belter of overnight frost, now warming nicely in the midday sun. Luv it.

In keeping with the new "trend" I've turned my Avatar upside down.

:cc_confused: Don't know how it got like it and can't put it right......have tried. Kinda like being sideways. Made me laugh, when I looked on here.  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

lol. 

Also misread your location as "Everscreech", which I thought was apt for a woman lying on her side shouting expletives at all and sundry.

I could probably give you instructions how to fix the avatar, but I am minded not to now.

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi SS, Just click the rotate button on the bottom of windows pic fax viewer, then save with save button and re-upload.

Posted

Hi SS, Just click the rotate button on the bottom of windows pic fax viewer, then save with save button and re-upload.

Thank You! Will try later, when I have more time.  :smile:

Also misread your location as "Everscreech", which I thought was apt for a woman lying on her side shouting expletives at all and sundry.

I could probably give you instructions how to fix the avatar, but I am minded not to now.

Made me chuckle. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

:cc_confused: Don't know how it got like it and can't put it right......have tried. Kinda like being sideways. Made me laugh, when I looked on here.  :D

You definitely shouldn't bring such comments as "Kinda like being sideways" into a conversation in a forum full of men, Thankfully the number of ladies in here does occasionally adjust this imbalance from time to time though.  :D  :ninja:  A beautiful day today but now clouded over with another chilly day tomorrow, supposedly up to 7c in places but after the bits and pieces of rain have cleared away overnight I somewhat doubt it get that warm under -6/-7 850s. TFI Friday.  :drinks:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

In Dartmouth for the w/e. Heavy frost this morn, even at water level.

1 o'clock lunchtime it touched 11c down at Blackpool sands; even had an ice cream sat outside the cafe on the beach. V pleasant.

Just started raining.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Started here at -3.6°C, by 10.00 it was up to -2°C.  At that point I was heading towards the coast and was interested to see a slight temperature inversion as I went up the A37 towards Dorchester where the temp was, according to my car thermometer, +2.5°C less than 10 minutes after leaving home.  By the time I got down to Grimstone is was back dodwn to 0°C, up by Hardy's, -0.5°C and a couple of minutes later in Portesham, +4°C and at the beach car park in Abbotsbury at half eleven it was +6°C.  Sky varied from clear to overcast and everything in between!  The wind increased in the afternoon and made for a difficult rescue for the coastguard helicopter at Burton Bradstock around lunchtime.

An interesting weather day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I wouldn't be surprised.

Minimum -4C here, coldest night of the winter and still -2C.

Avatar adjusted in solidarity with 'sidewaysnow'.

:D :D

some top banter in here at the moment!

• Like 1