Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

As someone was posting snow pics I thought I would post these from when I lived in Dorset. The south dorset chaps on here will know that this is Worth Matravers on the southern tip of purbeck.  Photo taken in dec 2010 (of course). We rarely got snow here other notable years were 1994 96 and 2009.

I'll only post the one as I don't want to embarrass you all with pics of my 3 level foot  :D

post-8911-0-04315900-1421849984_thumb.jp

:p  :p

• Like 6

Posted

So it turns out that Ian F isn't the only celebrity to frequent our humble regional thread.

Check out our very own Mapantz on the Bournemouth Echo 'Live Rain Causes Traffic Chaos' feed.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11738382.January_21__live_traffic_and_weather_news_as_rain_causes_chaos_across_Bournemouth/

post-7340-0-39089500-1421856644_thumb.jp

Go Mapantz, go mapantz... :laugh:

• Like 8

Posted

I often doubt the accuracy of the NW precip type radar feature because it snowed last week when showing as rain and vice versa has also occurred.

Currently it is suggesting sleet over the Mendips and surrounds, anybody know if that is correct?

It's not actually that cold at the moment, 4.1c and feeling reasonable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I often doubt the accuracy of the NW precip type radar feature because it snowed last week when showing as rain and vice versa has also occurred.

Currently it is suggesting sleet over the Mendips and surrounds, anybody know if that is correct?

It's not actually that cold at the moment, 4.1c and feeling reasonable.

Yes it's sleeting here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Now it's just heavy rain. Yuk! Is it going to be wet tomorrow?

Posted

Now it's just heavy rain. Yuk! Is it going to be wet tomorrow?

Yes we have steady sleet here, at one point we had a few wet flakes mixed in but it is just 1c to warm I think.

Snow line is probably about 400m

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It's still 5c here.. Far too warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Evening All. Been told from my dad who got in from work in early hours that it snowed about 2:30am for good 20 minutes some big flakes, before turned back to sleet, didn't srttle though. Wet start to the day here and then drier after, dreary, cold and dull. 2.4c.4mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

So it turns out that Ian F isn't the only celebrity to frequent our humble regional thread.

Check out our very own Mapantz on the Bournemouth Echo 'Live Rain Causes Traffic Chaos' feed.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11738382.January_21__live_traffic_and_weather_news_as_rain_causes_chaos_across_Bournemouth/

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Go Mapantz, go mapantz... :laugh:

haha - I didn't see that!

I have half of the echo following me on Twitter. Occasionally, they phone me up and ask for some info- been quoted a few times in the paper. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Love all the pictures of those wonderful memories from the past, Thanks. I took a picture today too, hope you like it.

Rain-on-Window-HD.jpg

*not strictly mine mind you, but says it all.

Sun could be back out tomorrow, so all is not too bad.  8)

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Love all the pictures of those wonderful memories from the past, Thanks. I took a picture today too, hope you like it.

Rain-on-Window-HD.jpg

*not strictly mine mind you, but says it all.

Sun could be back out tomorrow, so all is not too bad.  8)

I nearly cried with laughter when I seen that. Should title it winter 2015...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I nearly cried with laughter when I seen that. Should title it winter 2015...

Its my birthday and I'll cry if I want to................................... cry if I want............... yep, you get got the picture.  :hi:

If all else fails, just laugh at Mother Nature is doing to us.  :yahoo:

Seemingly by Friday, some double-digits are due out West again, colder further East then an alternating remix (music on the brain!) of what we have endured most part of the Winter, brief PM flows interspersed with brief Ridges then rinse repeat. Looking to stay that way until late January I believe, limited snow hopes but maybe the highest hills will cop some temporary stuff.  :bomb:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Its my birthday and I'll cry if I want to................................... cry if I want............... yep, you get got the picture.  :hi:

If all else fails, just laugh at Mother Nature is doing to us.  :yahoo:

Seemingly by Friday, some double-digits are due out West again, colder further East then an alternating remix (music on the brain!) of what we have endured most part of the Winter, brief PM flows interspersed with brief Ridges then rinse repeat. Looking to stay that way until late January I believe, limited snow hopes but maybe the highest hills will cop some temporary stuff.  :bomb:

I am all a bout sharing.. Love to see whole region get a covering of the white stuff, then at least I know I'll get buried with no marginal rubbish..  :hi:   

Long time coming this winter though :nonono:

Think we should re-name our seasons - Spring, summer and the rainy season... :wallbash:

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Its just Blah!! this morning cool overcast and damp. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Call me a pessimist, but I fully expect that trough shown on the ECM to be further east and for us to just be on the wrong side of it and any major cold.  :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I have no idea what's going on in MOD land... Someone fill me in pls muchos gracias

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Clouding up. Breeze 7 km/h. Temperature 2.5c.  Indoors 22.5c... In a shady corner 2.1c.

Posted

Call me a pessimist, but I fully expect that trough shown on the ECM to be further east and for us to just be on the wrong side of it and any major cold.  :angry:

pessimist or realist?

I have no idea what's going on in MOD land... Someone fill me in pls muchos gracias

Best I can do for now.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82259-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-discussion-1300z-12115/?p=3136277