Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Some snow earlier in Stroud, started light and a bit wet, but had a proper flurry as I drove home around 4ish, but drizzley sleet in the lighter ppn. In a dry slot at the moment. Hopefully anything else moving in in this complicated system can fall as snow over the night :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Got home to heavy snow and it's white , a bit confusing the latest euro4 , every single model that's come out has and continues to be different m definately a now casting event . Nobody really knows what to expect , a lot of sleet in the southwest that meant to be rain , the low pressure centre never makes it further east than East Wales by the looks of things with 850's no lower than -3 for all , due points look the risky one but it's definately got the potential to drop lots egg on faces !

• Like 1

Posted

I'm grateful for the sleet we had here earlier at around 4pm.

Things will hopefully take a turn for a better (i.e. much colder) during the first week of Feb.

You were lucky, none in Bournemouth.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

5c and raining here, hardly surprising.

Met Office got it spot on again unfortunately..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Got home to heavy snow and it's white , a bit confusing the latest euro4 , every single model that's come out has and continues to be different m definately a now casting event . Nobody really knows what to expect , a lot of sleet in the southwest that meant to be rain , the low pressure centre never makes it further east than East Wales by the looks of things with 850's no lower than -3 for all , due points look the risky one but it's definately got the potential to drop lots egg on faces !

Hardly shocking your 213metres above sea level pahaha

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Raining here in East Oxford. 2.6c

Bizarrely, it is colder here for once at 1.6C. Minimum last night was -2.4C and maximum today of 2.4C. It could have been so much colder by now if it wasn't for that nuisance-value overnight cloud hampering the overnight temperature drop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Bizarrely, it is colder here for once at 1.6C. Minimum last night was -2.4C and maximum today of 2.4C. It could have been so much colder by now if it wasn't for that nuisance-value overnight cloud hampering the overnight temperature drop.

We had overnight low of -4.6c. Raining here.

Posted

Evaporative cooling is certainly having an effect as Temperature continues to fall down 0.5c in the last half hour.

If the PPN rates were much higher than they are now, this could of been a whole lot different! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm feel like a sing song.

Let it rain.....  Let it rain......  Let it rain........

*reverse psychology*

Could be worse we could get snowed under huge drifts, just look at what the weather is like in central parts of Africa right now. You have to feel for those Giraffes.

Snowed-Under.jpg

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm feel like a sing song.

Let it rain..... Let it rain...... Let it rain........

*reverse psychology*

Could be worse we could get snowed under huge drifts, just look at what the weather is like in central parts of Africa right now. You have to feel for those Giraffes.

Snowed-Under.jpg

I feel envy, but that's about it.

I'm grateful for the sleet we had here earlier at around 4pm.

Things will hopefully take a turn for a better (i.e. much colder) during the first week of Feb.

Yes had the same in Hamworthy at work, sleet for a good 30 mins, then turned to rain.

4.7C here, dp 4.0C nothing even close to marginal for me now.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I feel envy, but that's about it.

Yes had the same in Hamworthy at work, sleet for a good 30 mins, then turned to rain.

4.7C here, dp 4.0C nothing even close to marginal for me now.

Yes I just had to liven myself up as I watch the Temperatures rise to the highest they've been all day and likewise the dew points. Slight hint of sarcasm within the original post and yet the forecasts are truly going as planned so all of us shouldn't really be surprised by the non-event for most in this regional. Good thing is though, after enough of the snow watching on BBC Winterwatch tonight I will have had my snow and wildlife fix in one and it'll have make up for the lack of stuff outside. Chances are, as that low departs, it may well bring colder Temperatures down behind it in the flow and perhaps, well...................... I'll leave you all to make up your own mind. MARGINAL remains the weather word for the week. Off to tv watch I go.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Bristol and South West winter 14/15.

It's raining......rain, hallejuah, it's raining...rain.

I'm sure you get the message.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Today really has been the final kick in the nuts from this cold spell, nothing to show for it except for a slightly increased heating bill.. :angry:

Who knows maybe February will provide us all with a ground frost or two.. :nonono:  Think I'm going to sign off until the first real snow starts to fall whenever that is... :lazy:

3.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Today really has been the final kick in the nuts from this cold spell, nothing to show for it except for a slightly increased heating bill.. :angry:

Who knows maybe February will provide us all with a ground frost or two.. :nonono:  Think I'm going to sign off until the first real snow starts to fall whenever that is... :lazy:

3.1c

I have to admit the last few yrs have been so frustrating . It's turned to sleet already and melted everything . Really hate living in the uk sometimes . We have to be the worst place in the world given our latitude for snow . Same latitude as Canada , but warmer winters than Italy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I have to admit the last few yrs have been so frustrating . It's turned to sleet already and melted everything . Really hate living in the uk sometimes . We have to be the worst place in the world given our latitude for snow . Same latitude as Canada , but warmer winters than Italy

Even Egypt has seen more snow cover than west country in the last 2 years... :bad:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

Boar's Hill, Oxon. Having had gorgeous frost this morning and sunshine today, and now a disappointing warm non-snow event, I think I would rather skip the snow and just have dry, cold and sunny weather from now until spring. The sledges can go back to accumulating leaves in the garden like they used to.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Come on people try to stay positive It's only the 20th of January and we all know anything can happen with Mother Nature... Its why we are on here and following the models .

We are now entering the best time of winter for snowfall and I for one will not be giving up till March .

Take care one and all

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I've just ordered some summer sandals. This winter can DO ONE.

Lol! I'm preparing for my summer holiday really... Can't wait, after this shocker of a winter so far. Hope the next few weeks make up for it, at least it has been ten times better than last year. Don't think I even came on here once last winter!

• Like 1