Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

we better have a great summer that's all I can say  :angry:

can anyone give me a clue in terms of bucks for some precipiatation tonight

Bucket loads of rain I'd say

EDIT: Sleet/rain mix here all of a sudden  :shok:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

For anyone curious about their height above sea level, here's a great site to find out. It's all OS maps so should be accurate.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

This is good one to http://www.whatismyelevation.com/ what I use Edited by Skeggy Winter Storm
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Worth noting that some hi-res models are hinting at 20mm+ of rain in some places on the south coast by tomorrow morning.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I wasn't expecting anything wintry, but I can confirm I have sleet falling at work in Hamworthy of all places

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I wasn't expecting anything wintry, but I can confirm I have sleet falling at work in Hamworthy of all places

That's pretty good going! I've opened the window horizontal to see if there's any splats on it. There is! Bird poo and rain. :laugh:

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Nothing doing here. Only a little breeze. 2.8c.

Posted

That's pretty good going! I've opened the window horizontal to see if there's any splats on it. There is! Bird poo and rain. :laugh:

hmm, if I'm honest I would rather just rain, saves the onset of "well it could snow.......", when it's blatantly going to turn to rain!.

Posted

Just had some light sleet/snow only for a short while, temp 1.8C. Feels raw outside! Good luck to you all, be nice to wake up to a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Rain in Somerset - actually a decent amount of rain too. Had it fallen as snow we would be happy. As it is - usual rubbish for the SW peninsula. I've seen snow here 4 times in 16 years.

Edited by Catacol_Highlander

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Snow steady now in stow and settling on paths immediately . Leave work in 10 min

• Like 6

Posted

Rain in Somerset - actually a decent amount of rain too. Had it fallen as snow we would be happy. As it is - usual rubbish for the SW peninsula. I've seen snow here 4 times in 16 years.

Really? I must have seen it at least 5 times in the past 5/6 years, that's just from events I can remember as well! Surprising if that's the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

awaits for mullenders update isit snow r rain on your hill as should be with u soon

Judging by the radar I think he'll be getting snow shortly, a very small outside chance for me too and also our Westbury resident unless you're sitting under the warm sector there? 1.3c AT 0.5c DP, Easterly winds. Radar is pepping up in places and if Mapantz's info comes to fruition could be some snow around, although I'd still suggest elevation is key.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Judging by the radar I think he'll be getting snow shortly, a very small outside chance for me too and also our Westbury resident unless you're sitting under the warm sector there? 1.3c AT 0.5c DP, Easterly winds. Radar is pepping up in places and if Mapantz's info comes to fruition could be some snow around, although I'd still suggest elevation is key.

Just going to right of me at the moment, another 10-15 mins maybe until I get decent ppn we shall see.

Looks light and patchy though, at least the area moving towards me I think id need the orange and red echoes to bring wbfl down enough.

Light sleet falling currently. Just not getting intensity here.

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Steady light rain here temp 3.4 ,wind picking up ,we need some good precipitation ,could still be some surprises later me hopes .perhaps later in the night ,plenty happening on the radar ,those lucky posters further north could do very well ,off to put half a small chicken in the oven no chips but plate of veg ,then a thatchers cheers . :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature rocketed again at around 4pm, reached 6c briefly here.

However, wind is shifting more SE again and the temperature has responded:

Temp: 4c

DP: 0c

Pressure: 1008mb, Falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really? I must have seen it at least 5 times in the past 5/6 years, that's just from events I can remember as well! Surprising if that's the case.

Hmmm yes, I think maybe 4 classic events, but there is snow most years in Somerset. I can only think of 2013/2014 and 2007/2008 that were completely snowless here, and even in 2008 snow fell on Jan 11th and in early April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Reports of some snow falling in godshill on the Isle of wight. According to island Echo on Twitter! Very sleety rain here in ryde. Probably puts you guys further up in the frame for later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Rapidly coming to hate this winter, Utterly useless sleet here.

Probably don't have to go far north and east in region to have a better chance but no snow here on Mendips. :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Where is the emote for throwing in the towel? :cray:

• Like 3

Posted

I'm grateful for the sleet we had here earlier at around 4pm.

Things will hopefully take a turn for a better (i.e. much colder) during the first week of Feb.

Posted

Is it me or does the 12z EURO4 not even look that good for the Midlands really? :S