Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted

Whatta big bag of smelly plop plops!

Can't even give me an ice day :nonono: 3.4c ... Un-beeeeeeeeee-lieve-ableeeeeeeeeeee! :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Patchy light rain in Bradley Stoke I'm afraid.

Posted

On the Costa del South Coast:

Temp: 3.8c (Actually falling)

DP 0.9c

Wind ESE 10mph

After a beautiful Sunny, white frosty start, all is now grey and cold.

EDIT: Temp 3.7 now... Think I left my freezer open again.

Edited by SnowMania
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Just down the road from Bath but rain here unfortunately here at Frome !

Winter isn't over yet .........

103 Above sea level.

Edited by offerman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Just started sleeting here in Alveston with the temperature 3.2c and falling.

Posted

Anyone else beginning to hate the term winter isnt over just as much as below the ruddy M4!

Why are the temperatures falling in the middle of the day?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

temp 2.1c, with a dewpoint of 0.1c with frontal ppn around 25 miles to my WSW....might still be interesting.....T850's around -5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Heavy snow here

Lucky bugger, Sleet here at moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

On the Costa del South Coast:

Temp: 3.8c (Actually falling)

DP 0.9c

Wind ESE 10mph

After a beautiful Sunny, white frosty start, all is now grey and cold.

EDIT: Temp 3.7 now... Think I left my freezer open again.

Where are your figures from? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Looks crap for Oxford tonight! I think we will miss it by a matter of 40-60 miles. Still got a month and a half of Winter left though! Hoping we get some good snow in Feb.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow here

Lucky bugger, Sleet here at moment.

Sorry people, only joking.

I was getting ready for February.....:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Why are the temperatures falling in the middle of the day?

No expert on the dynamics of it all but could be some mixing of the air going on, certainly a good sign. I think folk will want to see the winds stay in the NE sector too rather than turn 180 degrees from there, which it has done in a few unfortunate places. 

Incidentally the precipitation prediction radar tool suggested rain in South Wales but as I understand it, it is snowing there.

• Like 1

Posted

temp 2.1c, with a dewpoint of 0.1c with frontal ppn around 25 miles to my WSW....might still be interesting.....T850's around -5c

However, warmer 850's are moving in as the front does. I'm just on the border of -6c uppers, but by 8pm this eve, I'm under -3 uppers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sorry people, only joking.

I was getting ready for February..... :)

You're on my ignore list now.  :nonono: Who needs friends when you've got MPG around.  :p

1.3c AT now, 0.6c DP, Easterly winds. Precipitation will hopefully arrive after dark here but I bet it'll ironically be warmer by then, if I'm desperate I'll have to head for the hills. The intensity of the precipitation is holding up well in parts so all is not lost.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted

No expert on the dynamics of it all but could be some mixing of the air going on, certainly a good sign. I think folk will want to see the winds stay in the NE sector too rather than turn 180 degrees from there, which it has done in a few unfortunate places. 

Incidentally the precipitation prediction radar tool suggested rain in South Wales but as I understand it, it is snowing there.

That seems correct! Also add that some (probably most) have now lost their sunshine in our region. With that heating gone and a ground that's not far off freezing, this all aids a lowering of temps.

• Like 1

Posted

You're on my ignore list now.  :nonono: Who needs friends when you've got MPG around.  :p

1.3c AT now, 0.6c DP, Easterly winds. 

You can't ignore me your a Mod, will have to put up with me! ha

We need some amusement, the Midlands 'might' get a covering today and we will miss out. I remember last Thursday.....those charts look amazing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

However, warmer 850's are moving in as the front does. I'm just on the border of -6c uppers, but by 8pm this eve, I'm under -3 uppers.

to be honest, I'm not too worried about T850's.....-3c is fine for frontal snow, it's the dewpoints an thicknesses that decide our fate as such....Up here in north Wilts, it's very very marginal, I'm around 150m (500ft) asl, hi-res modelling infers dewpoints rising to 1c with 850-1000hpa thickness no more than 1300DAM, with 500-1000hpa thickness values no higher than 528......I'd expect maybe some wet snow here, turning to sleet, and then back to wet snow as the system clears to the south sometime tomorrow. My worry is that there won;t be enough heavy ppn to drag the WBFL down enough

• Like 1

Posted

That seems correct! Also add that some (probably most) have now lost their sunshine in our region. With that heating gone and a ground that's not far off freezing, this all aids a lowering of temps.

Yes, true. The ground is well frozen outside so all we need is the frozen stuff to fall from the skies too. Not much to ask Weather Gods and Goddesses.   :give_rose:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Looking at the NW Snow Radar app its looking like even the Brecon Beacons, Dartmoor and Exmoor are only having sleet, no chance for low landers....

Posted

You can't ignore me your a Mod, will have to put up with me! ha

We need some amusement, the Midlands 'might' get a covering today and we will miss out. I remember last Thursday.....those charts look amazing!

amusement or abusement. :acute:  :D  Channel Low event coming soon me hopes, before 2050 anyway.  :rofl: We all love each other in here don't we now. 

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

to be honest, I'm not too worried about T850's.....-3c is fine for frontal snow, it's the dewpoints an thicknesses that decide our fate as such....Up here in north Wilts, it's very very marginal, I'm around 150m (500ft) asl, hi-res modelling infers dewpoints rising to 1c with 850-1000hpa thickness no more than 1300DAM, with 500-1000hpa thickness values no higher than 528......I'd expect maybe some wet snow here, turning to sleet, and then back to wet snow as the system clears to the south sometime tomorrow. My worry is that there won;t be enough heavy ppn to drag the WBFL down enough

Ah yes, I must remember not everyone is at 40m ASL! 

As you said, dew points and temperature will be crucial this evening. What we would really like to see is this Low become much stronger, higher PPN rates and a stronger SE or E wind fetch and boom you have your snow for a wider area. January of 2009 demonstrated this perfectly. I think all of Hampshire and surrounding areas got put on Red warning for snow during the morning before that. Was only meant to be a front pushing south, but developed into a Low that moved from SW to the East.

• Like 1

Posted

Hang on a minute i'm serious confused now. You talking about tonight which is what I thought it was but radar shows it here early or is that something else? Because if thats it and it turns up on my doorstep in an hour i'm pooped lol.

I need a run down peeps for Mrs thicko pls :)