Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted

I'm not expecting any snow next week I think we will be to far south and west but yesterday was my snow fix for another year bring on the spring I say :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'm not expecting any snow next week I think we will be to far south and west but yesterday was my snow fix for another year bring on the spring I say :)

Get a grip man :diablo: ... We are only mid January and another month and a half of proper winter left yet and this cold spell could produce the week after if it hangs around we just don't know yet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Seems to me that I checked the bbc weather and I got snow on Monday from 4.00am to 10.00am not buying it through

Probably those light showers aforementioned, feeding in from the Atlantic, certainly feasible a few snowflakes could be witnessed, given the time of day.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Interesting drive up to Reading this morning with fog patches, quite thick in places, and sugar-coating snow on the higher parts between east Bristol and Swindon. Actually felt quite pleasant in the sun in Reading.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Andy Bown was bang on from earlier as the precipitation is light and patchy now according to the radar. Nevertheless, still a few surprise flakes for some. 

Posted

Get a grip man :diablo: ... We are only mid January and another month and a half of proper winter left yet and this cold spell could produce the week after if it hangs around we just don't know yet.

Its ok for you your on a hill so I would be feeling more optimistic if I was living where you are :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Its ok for you your on a hill so I would be feeling more optimistic if I was living where you are :)

Hill or no hill it is still mid January and giving up this early is silly I mean look what happened in the warm channel with that channel low and they probably average less snow days than Bristol..

I spend most of my time in Bristol for work too so it's in my interest too to see some. I often miss snow as it comes and goes while im at work.

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted

And you're also in Bristol... A rather far northerly location in this thread (and quite far easterly in terms of the SW) so you have more of a chance than most of us in here!

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi all bloody raining here in bath!!!

Fromey

Hi Fromey, bugger all here in Frome. Got cloudy but precipitation vanished in one frame !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Drove through some heavy snow near Stow & Northleach on the Fosse Way around 5pm ish.....quite a hairy experience as I could hardly see the road as the snow was so heavy......as soon as I got past Cirencester and into Lyneham, just good old rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Whoooops! After posting in the Midlands thread all day, i've finally realised that a Central Southern thread exists!

Any Oxfordites in here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Whoooops! After posting in the Midlands thread all day, i've finally realised that a Central Southern thread exists!

Any Oxfordites in here?

Me!! Live 2 miles from you. Headington.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening all, cant see it getting to cold tonight currently 2.8c with full cloud cover and a rather stiff breeze blowing.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Those little specks showing up on the Radar, someone is mocking us! "Here's afew flakes of snow SW England, but as for the rest of the week, pfft forget it" thanks then

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I'm now (after my initial positivity) resigned to the fact that we are going to get nothing from the cold snap in the next few days. If we do get lucky, it will be great but at the moment it looks like zilch.

Posted

I'm now (after my initial positivity) resigned to the fact that we are going to get nothing from the cold snap in the next few days. If we do get lucky, it will be great but at the moment it looks like zilch.

well the early run of the 18z has backed west again!!.

so dont count your chickens just yet.

fromey

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

This is what I'm hoping - reverse psychology ;)

• Like 1

Posted

This is what I'm hoping - reverse psychology ;)

thought as much, keep it up!!lol

fromey

• Like 1

Posted

Is it me or did I see double digit figures for the West Country towards the end of this week? I'm sure I did.

Present temperature rising @ 1.7C/hr, now above freezing and DP is up to -0.3C with the wind now in from the west.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Haha, hopefully it stalls over Wales and the SW! imagine that!

i would post a comment in the model melt down thread about it snowing south of the M4  and wet myself laughing.

fromey

Edited by fromey
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Is it me or did I see double digit figures for the West Country towards the end of this week? I'm sure I did.

Country File weekly Weather....10deg,Cornwall 

i would post a comment in the model melt down thread about it snowing south of the M4  and wet myself laughing.

fromey

You would be banned for life :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

Don't think it'll be cold enough for snow in our region, particuarly the further west you go. 

Looks like best chance this week is overnight Tuesday into Wednesday but looking at the GFS in terms of temp, the warmer air that comes in with the Atlantic precip will more than likely mean rain/sleet unless the cold air shifts further west before then.  

• Like 2