Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

ROFL @ South Today team earlier this evening. Sally whatshername turns to the weathercaster and says "it's going to be very very cold tomorrow ".

Oh yes 7C , since when has that been very very cold? Oh I know, when you live in Barbados.

I thought average max temperature in January was around 5c  :rofl:  :rofl:  Must go look it up now.

Just checked for me it is 4.5c and warmest parts of west country it is around 7  or 8 - 10  for cornish

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

WINTER IS OVER ;)

I must admit it's not looking good now, im going to leave it till tomorrows 12z to call judgement on the rest of the week, I'm hoping for some of the White stuff in the early hours

Fromey

Posted

I must admit it's not looking good now, im going to leave it till tomorrows 12z to call judgement on the rest of the week, I'm hoping for some of the White stuff in the early hours

Fromey

Been here too many times, each run gets progressively worse until we end up with a little sleety wet snow for a day or two before back to mild rubbish. I'll be up early so hope to see a little snow before I jet off to the big city (Bristol) for work.

Posted

WINTER IS OVER ;)

Not sure it's really started.

Ok, slight exaggeration but this 'Winter' is fast becoming v similar to the late 90s/early noughties winters, or even early/mid 70s, for those of us a little older.

On another note i saw today that Moscow and Oslo were above freezing yday - now that's mild for mid-January, so there's not even the normal sub-zero cold to 'import' on any Easterly that may turn up.

Give it another 10 days or so and i'll be hoping for a warm early Spring, if a snowy spell doesnt turn up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Hello, well it's just got below freezing here, I'm not getting my hopes up here but gritters were out earlier and we are under a snow warning again. I have a chance of seeing some snow tonight and it will settle if it happens, it's just what do you guys think of my chances being just 5 miles from the coast?

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Early hours of Wednesday, i went lamp post watching in Bristol

Best i could manage was this short video, stayed up all night to watch mostly heavy sleet showers !!

Some area's outside of the city centre did get a light covering though

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Weather app now suggesting top ttemperature on Monday of just 2c. Proper job is that. Funny as 2 hours ago it was suggesting 5c for Monday. No one really knows what's going on.

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I think the models will revert back somewhat tomorrow, and we forget about the here and now - my meto app says 5 hours of snow for 5am onwards tomorrow morning! Temperature here has plummeted to -1.3 so bring it on I say!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Temps 0.1 dew point -1.3 and add in the wind chill and its -1.5!!! Here on the Isle of wight! Hoping for a flurry in the morning but my hope is dwindling!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Right this might keep a few of us interested overnight, early hours could be worth getting up for,!

post-15543-0-30504500-1421451997_thumb.j. euro 4 6am

• Like 2

Posted

Right this might keep a few of us interested overnight, early hours could be worth getting up for,!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg. euro 4 6am

God its close to the time I have to leave mendip for work... maybe if I left at 7am I'd just catch it? hmm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

-1.5C currently with -6C uppers over us. The temperature will only go down further overnight. If anything other snow falls in this location given all that, I will be gobsmacked. Good night all!

• Like 2

Posted

God its close to the time I have to leave mendip for work... maybe if I left at 7am I'd just catch it? hmm :)

From Ian:

@fergieweather: W COUNTRY So, a bit more upland snow likely early Sat AM; e.g. Mendips. Not impossible for some patchy small amounts of lower-level settling

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Gone all frosty here now, temperatures down to -0.2'c currently and falling still! Lovely winter weather this frost ;) already better than last winter!

Posted

Not holding my breath. Although temps and dew points right now look good, all of us in low lying areas (below 100m) are used to seeing rapid increases in these just as the ppn approaches, usually turning what could have been instant snow into a rain > sleet > snow event (or vice versa), if we're very lucky. Further inland (and obviously with elevation) from where I am seem to do better but I'm expecting my current 0.9C and -1.1C DP to rise before that ppn entering the channel hits. (THIS IS VERY IMBY SO GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF THE REGION!!)

Still won't be able to resist seeing exactly what it holds, though! haha! I have to know!

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

-1.5. :cold:  Weather Station,says falling... @223ft ASL (69mt) Maybe we might get Some Snow?????.....if not, then....... :crazy:  :80:

• Like 1

Posted

Temp and dew points have actually dropped quite substantially here over the last 15 minutes so there's hope yet!

0.6C and DP at -1.3C

Posted

Ian's post in the MOD thread a couple of minutes ago is well worth a read.

Edit: 0.3C   DP -1.4C 

(I don't mean to leave a running commentary on my temps but it does indicate a rather rapid decrease over the last half hour or so)

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 1

Posted

Ian's post in the MOD thread a couple of minutes ago is well worth a read.

Edit: 0.3C   DP -1.4C 

(I don't mean to leave a running commentary on my temps but it does indicate a rather rapid decrease over the last half hour or so)

Could be an interesting morning the temp has really dropped here in marazion not sure what it is reading but i feel we could be in for a few surprises in the morning.

• Like 1

Posted

As expected, interesting development out in the South Irish Sea pushing towards the channel. Sferics showing off Pembrokeshire coast.

Posted

Right I'm off to sleep see you all at 6am..

-3.1C and falling it's just what the wet ground needed to be honest as until now it's always fallen on wet warm ground.

Posted

Could be an interesting morning the temp has really dropped here in marazion not sure what it is reading but i feel we could be in for a few surprises in the morning.

Well, I'm envious of you living in such a beautiful part of the world!

This site can give a semi-decent heads up of nearby (ish) temps, Dew Points, wind speed and direction, etc. not bad considering the westerly flow.

(Google xc weather)

Culdrose and Cambourne looking much better than out in the Scilly approaches but I know you're almost like an island down there in Marazion so who knows!

Edited by kumquat