Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Yeh, I'm sorry, I mentioned the "nailed on fortnight of bitter temps, ice and snow" to a couple of people who have to do a lot of driving next week. *hangs head in shame" :oops:

Edited by katemart
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The weather word for the next seven days in our region is.................................................

transient

We are going to hear so much of it in the forecasts methinks it'll drive us bonkers, any other suggestions for a word which might sum the next week's weather?

Paradoxical

Posted

The weather word for the next seven days in our region is.................................................

transient

We are going to hear so much of it in the forecasts methinks it'll drive us bonkers, any other suggestions for a word which might sum the next week's weather?

I've got two (very hopeful) words...

Channel low? :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I've got two (very hopeful) words...

Channel low? :laugh:

More chance of finding that pot of gold under the rainbow..  :rofl:

Regional forecast said..... Transient :closedeyes: mainly rain Sunday then rain Tuesday :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It's all looking very confusing, who thought the weather cause this much headache.

All we want is some snow, I think some maybe pleasantly surprised tomorrow morning though. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Yep, I'm remaining optimistic, im quite happy the models are doing what they are, we normally get shorterm upgrades and then it's all taken away from us at the last minute, I'm hoping today's uncertainy means we get a massive last minute upgrade and a good dumping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

transient

cold but not cold enough

Edited by gottolovethisweather
removed the gappy text
  • Like 1

Posted

Just remember people snow is very hard to forecast so even if its not looking good on one set of runs it could easily look better again on the next set, and last night was a good example of some surprises in some areas. 

Good luck everyone, very cold out there currently with ice and frost forming. -0.9°C, 92%RH (Dew P) -2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Paradoxical

*heads off to look up word in dictionary*

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Lovely pleasant surprise earlier, couple of showers developed to North West and West North West which crossed the island, and they had sleet and snow in them, as soon as our main shower hit on the SW part of island, on high ground me and my mate got there just in time, first started with sleet and the blobs became bigger and more, turning more and more to snow and the very back edge was pretty much all snow, which was lovely to see!

here's a picture of it passing over, you can tell its snow coming out of it big time!

1506498_10204659399023811_53767064293906

Edited by Stormyking
  • Like 5

Posted

I have plenty of words to describe next weeks weather. lots of them would get me banned. :D

Current weather in TA6 is bleurgh.  Not that cold, damp and boring.  Luckily I have a lovely Merlot to get me through, though it's a struggle as I am knocking the nicotine on the head so may have to swap it for a cuppa. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I know it may be hard for you that we're in such marginal conditions, but no need to take it out on all of us :rofl: :rofl:

I made myself chuckle when I just read my post back - I've corrected it :D  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Early frost already. Down to -1.7c already. Lower than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Harsh frost setting in now, crunchy grass when I got home from work, in fact I had to scrape the windscreen to drive home.

Posted

Interestingly, it's colder than expected here, also! Meant to be between 1-2C right now but is currently 0C going by the fact all the weather stations around me give that figure. Okay, so only 1 or 2C lower than expected, but that could be the difference between sleet and snow, right?

Here's hoping :drinks:

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 4

Posted

Bit nippy and a clear sky this evening + the chance of a flake or two in the next few days.

And I got both mystery sportsman on A Question of Sport earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nice chilly evening with all that horrid wetness freezing over ready for some white stuff :clapping:  -2.5c

• Like 1

Posted

ROFL @ South Today team earlier this evening. Sally whatshername turns to the weathercaster and says "it's going to be very very cold tomorrow ".

Oh yes 7C , since when has that been very very cold? Oh I know, when you live in Barbados.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

What time r the next run of charts out Plz?? Already despondent for the iow chances of snow but hoping we may have a miracle dumping lol

Afraid not looks like rain but it is a touch borderline.

post-12275-0-86139700-1421445090_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

completely random, but the term 'marginal' used in conjunction with rain/sleet/snow is not a necessarily a bad thing...Normally the best snowfall comes from marginal set-ups in our region if not the UK as a whole...Encroaching atlantic systems meeting an  in-situ cold air mass with T850's as high -2 to -4 combined with dewpoints/wet bulb temps hovering around or even just above 0c can give spectacular snowfalls  :smile:

• Like 1