Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Must get the lamp post out for lamp-post watching.. :wink:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Cold weather alert for Saturday mentions accumulations to LOW LEVELS.....

You should be okay in peasedown as your elevation is between 100 - 200m from what I remember of the place?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I wish the council would switch ours back on at times like these :angry:

Yes very irritating for my neighbours when i turn my halogen light on at 3am  :laugh:

Would be nice to see an upgrade on the precip and cold for Sunday on todays 12z  :ninja:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

hi mate, well is wasnt but i got up at 530am for work and it was heavy thick snow falling which didnt last, got into the top of bath by tesco petrol station and it was white!! and when the sun came up popped out of the RUH and went and had a look at lansdown which was covered and looked very pretty!! heres hoping for the coming week.

you were brave posting in the Model melt down thread ;)

fromey

Ha Ha, yes i thought i would give it a go, but expect the MODS and wrath of emotional Folk. After the post two Mods posted and threar of removal!!

Think I will stick to our Friendly Fred Ere!!!:-)

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Fromey,

Well not quite the Longleat snowfest the other day but was interesting to see the top of Cley Hill covered and the middle to below with nothing :-)

Maybe this weekend around?

Lol I agree re Cley Hill, the snow line was very obvious! We moved into our house with a view of Cley Hill on 1st Feb 2013 and I hadn't seen snow on it from home until the other day!!

I've a feeling tomorrow morning could be very similar to Wednesday morning with some heavy showers moving WNW-ESE across the region bringing snow particularly in the heaviest bursts before clearing by mid morning to a sunny day. One main difference will be frozen ground after a frosty night so settling could be more widespread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Yes very irritating for my neighbours when i turn my halogen light on at 3am  :laugh:

Would be nice to see an upgrade on the precip and cold for Sunday on todays 12z  :ninja:

Hey Karlos you`re not the only one. You, Myself and many no doubt are stark raving bonkers but its fun and the child within remains.  I remember the days my mum had Anaglypta wallpaper but i would have one hand on the wall the other hand moving the curtain open while lampost watching and the wallpaper was completely worn in the shape of my handprint!!!   :yahoo:

Lol I agree re Cley Hill, the snow line was very obvious! We moved into our house with a view of Cley Hill on 1st Feb 2013 and I hadn't seen snow on it from home until the other day!!

I've a feeling tomorrow morning could be very similar to Wednesday morning with some heavy showers moving WNW-ESE across the region bringing snow particularly in the heaviest bursts before clearing by mid morning to a sunny day. One main difference will be frozen ground after a frosty night so settling could be more widespread.

Hey Andy,Glad you saw it to, was fairly prominent ! Thing you are right though that any snow should last a little longer this time round.

• Like 1

Posted

Finally the ground is cooling down I have a ground frost starting to take hold with the clear sky's with grass frost and ice on car. 

The cold spell has started :)  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Yes we have recently replaced our blind in the kitchen as dirty marks on the corner because of a snow watcher ,i promised my wife i would stop ,but feeling the urge again if we get lucky tonight .,and following days .i,v instaled a new 500Watt lamp out our back so i can sit and smoke watching out for a flake or two .Certainly gone colder now also air feels drier so hopefully this weather front could deliver under any persistent precipitation .looking at mon /tues low, it all depends on location and orientation of the occlusion and how far east it finally gets ,and of course how active it is .but at 3/4 days away possibly many twists and turns to come if you are looking at charts ,but i give it a fair chance at this range ,was nice going across the mendips on wednesday ,although afternoon still a nice white landscape . :drinks:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Tis true that in these weather patterns it's so hard to accurately predict the weather 6 hours ahead let alone 6 days. Predicted to be sunny here all day and it's been showery...of rain so if it gets cold enough bands of ppn of wintery stuff can turn up any time.

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

I wish the council would switch ours back on at times like these :angry:

Our new low-emission streetlights don't do the biz for snowflakes, anyway. Although they are much better for star gazing so every cloud... 

I now have to open the conservatory door to set off the security light in order to be Absolutely Sure that it Isn't Snowing. Which upsets His Nibs by about the 5th or 6th time.

Edited by katemart
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So to summarise...

00z GFS everyone attempts cyber suicide

06z GFS Prozac is taken

12z GFS feeling better now

18z GFS WAHOO! Paaarrrtttaaayyy

Or that's whst it feels like to me in the MOD thread half of the time.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Today's been a wonderful spring like day; clear blue sky, a carpet of snowdrops, aconites and crocus all fully open in the sun, robins and blackbirds singing their heads off and the woodpecker doing his frenzied "I'm ready girls, come and get it" love knocking.

I love snow, really I do, like a pig in poo when it falls thick and fast but if we're only likely to get a marginal slush fest with biting cold winds, I'd rather have more of today please, it was so lovely working without the cumbersome coat and waterproofs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I've looked at the models briefly and I for one shall not be venturing into the mod thread until I've had at least 12 beers

• Like 3

Posted

Today's been a wonderful winters day; clear blue sky, a carpet of snowdrops, aconites and crocus all fully open in the sun, robins and blackbirds singing their heads off and the woodpecker doing his frenzied "I'm ready girls, come and get it" love knocking.

I love snow, really I do, like a pig in poo when it falls thick and fast but if we're only likely to get a marginal slush fest with biting cold winds, I'd rather have more of today please, it was so lovely working without the cumbersome coat and waterproofs.

Just corrected your mistakes Jeth you seem to have the seasons confused.. :D  Snowdrops and aconites are a winter flowers :nonono: Mine are not even poking through ground yet.

As for slushy and wet I'd take wet slushy snow over rain any day of the week, far more interesting and who knows once this cold spell digs in properly and ground is frozen maybe we can see some fluffy powder snow too? :yahoo:

Edited by Nights King

Posted

Temp: -0.3c DP: -2c 

Shames there's no Precip around to make the most of those temps! :)

Looking forward to over the weekened and into next week though.

CHANNEL LOW.... 

i wish! :D 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Nights King said: "Snowdrops and aconites are a winter flowers :nonono: Mine are not even poking through ground yet."

Surprising. My snowdrops were in bud on Christmas Eve. Had about 5 frosts over the past 2 winters, though. Looks like that's about to change. :cold:

3.3C, DP 0.5C, Humidity 82% and rising. 1008mb. Wind direction not coming round just yet, I don't think.

Edited by katemart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Had a heavy hail shower about 1:45 lasted 20 minutes, gave a good covering of hail. 

Current temp under clear skies is, -0.3c. 

Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The weather word for the next seven days in our region is.................................................

transient

We are going to hear so much of it in the forecasts methinks it'll drive us bonkers, any other suggestions for a word which might sum the next week's weather?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Today's been a wonderful spring like day; clear blue sky, a carpet of snowdrops, aconites and crocus all fully open in the sun, robins and blackbirds singing their heads off and the woodpecker doing his frenzied "I'm ready girls, come and get it" love knocking.

I get to feel like that woodpecker quite often. :clap:  Seriously though, I concur with the rest of that about our natural world situation right now, damn lack of Air Frosts hasn't helped to ensue a more normal scene.  :rolleyes:  

Posted

The weather word for the next seven days in our region is.................................................

transient

We are going to hear so much of it in the forecasts methinks it'll drive me bonkers, any other suggestions for a word which might sum the next week's weather?

Let down?  :bomb:

False promise?  :bomb:

closed the gap in original text
  • Like 1

Posted

So does it look like were not getting any snow now? God how fast has it changed lol.

Unless we've all been teleported to the future and have recently returned, how would we know. My instinct is to say it will upgrade in the shorter-term range.

Posted

Here's a more appropriate weather word for next seven days down in our region.

MARGINAL.

:bomb:  :wallbash:  :wallbash: