Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

post-14819-0-83926800-1421346843.pngl :rofl: looking good for us!! who said you couldnt get snow south of the M4, could still change though

Edited by fromey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I'll laugh if it only effected Cornwall! They deserve some snow anyway. It'd be funny to go into the mod thread if it did!

Be a case of Cornwall getting the last laugh if that did happen, would be time to go into the banter thread and have a wind up lol.

Fair play to those snow fans in Cornwall if that did happen though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I haven't looked at the specifics but judging by the way the squalls (some looking potentially violent) are progressing and the fact that they are being driven well inland as well, there could be an opportunity for some snowfall tonight, although unlikely to settle away from higher ground I guess.

Regarding my longer-term thoughts, I've recently posted the following in the MOD thread, albeit not from a daily regional viewpoint.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82281-model-output-discussion-14th-jan-12z-onwards/?p=3120604

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Every now and again it's quite a challenge getting snow north of the M4....

Doing friend pickups earlier this evening 17:00-17:30 in Bristol and the heavens opened big time with big wet splodgy snow flakes, even in the centre of Bristol when the car still read 4C. On coming back out of town, it was precipitating so much everyone had dropped down to 20mph with windscreen wipers on full blast. Quite dramatic with squally winds and leaves/twigs flying all over the place.

Looks like more bands out west. With a current temperature of 3C here I think it will just be wet snow at best but the Mendips should be doing well again tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I haven't looked at the specifics but judging by the way the squalls (some looking potentially violent) are progressing and the fact that they are being driven well inland as well, there could be an opportunity for some snowfall tonight, although unlikely to settle away from higher ground I guess.

Regarding my longer-term thoughts, I've recently posted the following in the MOD thread, albeit not a daily regional viewpoint.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82281-model-output-discussion-14th-jan-12z-onwards/?p=3120604

Just seen local forecast and hint of wintriness with hail and rain but really played down any snow risk and no mention of snow on hills until we get into the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I reckon it'll turn into a Wales and sw event and stall haha.

A good chance I reckon, 30:70 maybe a 40:60 prospect. No higher than that given the timescales involved but something the professionals (not Bodie and Doyle :rofl: )will be watching closely, given the disruptiveness of said weather pattern.  :bomb:

Just seen local forecast and hint of wintriness with hail and rain but really played down any snow risk and no mention of snow on hills until we get into the weekend.

Ah ok, I would still wait and watch in anticipation though as there is still an outside chance. What is DP and Air Temp with you right now?

• Like 1

Posted

Problem is the long term prospects are poor for cold if that lp slides too far West, that's how I understand it anyway, the strong east/north east wind with cold air flooding towards the uk is gone from the models as that lp needs to move more south East into europe.

Posted

A good chance I reckon, 30:70 maybe a 40:60 prospect. No higher than that given the timescales involved but something the professionals (not Bodie and Doyle :rofl: )will be watching closely, given the disruptiveness of said weather pattern.  :bomb:

Ah ok, I would still wait and watch in anticipation though as there is still an outside chance. What is DP and Air Temp with you right now?

1.2c with dp of -2 so certainly cold enough last snow shower is lingering on roof but melting all the same.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Evening everyone. Glad to see lots of you have seen falling snow, even if it hasn't stuck around. Still not a flake around here.

Max gust last night was 49mph. Currently 4.3C, DP -1.9C. Been a beautiful bright an sunny day and humidity is now just 64%.

Posted

i wouldnt go into the MOD thread their getting the razor blades out over the ecm run :crazy:

fromey

• Like 3

Posted

1.2c with dp of -2 so certainly cold enough last snow shower is lingering on roof but melting all the same.

have you seen whats heading our way from south wales?? you could be in luck tonight!

fromey

Posted

I'm dying to post a "will it snow in cardiff" in the mod thread but it'll more than likely result in a delete and ban haha.

i dare you!!! :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Very heavy wet snow at about 4am Wednesday... Stuck on cars etc and again around 8am this time on grass etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Did Shepton get any Snow yesterday morning mate? 

Posted

have you seen whats heading our way from south wales?? you could be in luck tonight!

fromey

Looks to be heading more East than south east though.

Posted

Looks to be heading more East than south east though.

really? looks like its about to hit you head on!!

Posted

really? looks like its about to hit you head on!!

I don't think it is going to hit us in Somerset though sadly. 

Shepton had a slight covering but not much.

Posted

I better not, they put a post limit of 20 posts a day on my account last time lol.

Safer in here, at least we don't draw swords ever other posting...

Currently 5C  with 0.5C DP.