Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Thing that concerns me with those is they often end up with m4 north scenarios..

Yeah I see people delighted at what the charts are showing in the mod thread, talking about a uk snowfest so I look a little deeper myself at the charts being posted only to see the southwest in the rain area, so much for a uk snowfest then, I swear some in the mod thread don't seem to acknowledge the south West exists lol.

Still there's lots of uncertainty, Ian f posted in there earlier today that the met are unsure how far east these lp systems will slide south East and this is key for the south West, the further west these systems slide south east the better.

• Like 1

Posted

Unfortunately not enough time to read through all 30 pages of posts since last night lol!

There was a series of heavy wet snow showers here from around 04.00 to 10.00, frequent brief settlings on cars/grass then thawing after each shower moved away. I did see vehicles driving North on the A350 with much more snow on them this morning and Cley Hill between Warminster and Frome was properly white. as it should be seeing as it's the highest point around here (apart from the Plain).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Warmer air is starting to filter through, temperature is up to 3.1c and its melting, lets hope that's not last we see for another year.. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yeah I see people delighted at what the charts are showing in the mod thread, talking about a uk snowfest so I look a little deeper myself at the charts being posted only to see the southwest in the rain area, so much for a uk snowfest then, I swear some in the mod thread don't seem to acknowledge the south West exists lol.

Still there's lots of uncertainty, Ian f posted in there earlier today that the met are unsure how far east these lp systems will slide south East and this is key for the south West, the further west these systems slide south east the better.

Always a lot of IMBY-ism going on in there which I guess is natural as we all look out for what is going on in our own part of the world. 

Posted

Always a lot of IMBY-ism going on in there which I guess is natural as we all look out for what is going on in our own part of the world.

That's true, well here's hoping that all who want to see snow get to early next week, that's if the cold charts don't vanish info thin air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

As you are all aware i reported last night that I was convinced about a possible tornado or a very strong downburst that had rolled through! My mate has given me  to show a photo of the damaged we had came across! Also to our right there very very big trees down which was there before! I was with him for this as we was both chasing!.

10929098_941976285821561_757157741090593

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Lets all start a chant.

Channel low, Channel Low, Channel low  :whistling:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I wouldn't look past 48hrs at precip details, Smartie. :)

Posted

I wouldn't look past 48hrs at precip details, Smartie. :)

Oh I'm not so don't worry about that :) but these slider lows can be so risky for the south west, very small margins in the track could mean either a whiteout or a washout. If I could choose between the two I would opt for the former though lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Lets all start a chant.

Channel low, Channel Low, Channel low  :whistling:

We need something like the weather service from back to the future, a guaranteed channel low every week during the winter with cold enough temperatures ;)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I like this Chant,

CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW!! :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL.......

Happy to do a snow dance but draw the line at sacrificing small animals to the weather gods.

• Like 3

Posted

That may have been one of the briefest ridges of HIGH pressure possible.

From heavy wet snow showers clearing on NW winds around 10.00, to the first rain showers of the incoming LOW blowing in on SW winds around 15.00!

The highest temp of the next however many days will occur overnight in a brief milder sector before we return to wintry showers tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Outside chance of some snow on the highest hills towards the far SW tomorrow evening I reckon. All of this needs further clarification but didn't want people to think we're chasing distant FI for anything wintry. Plenty more surprises to come and all that rain and wind beforehand, soon to be encroaching our shores.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

My point of interest I'm looking at regarding wintry weather is Saturday night.

Although the models don't show much coherence yet, there is a sneaky chance of some more organised snowfall to modestly high ground.

We will see though, I may be completely wrong.

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon All.

After a cold and slushy start things improved during the morning with some winter sunshine, although the cloud has increased along with a strengthening south westerly wind. Temp 6.1°C, 83%RH, Dew P 3°C, 1002.8hpa falling rapidly.

All eyes on how windy things will get across are region this evening and overnight, also with very saturated ground more rain isn't going to help, my garden grass has turned to mud because of how saturated it is!

Posted

Fine evening here.

Cloudy with Ns and St. Continuous rain with temp 9C and wind SSW 25mph gusting 40.

Rotten here too.

Come on knocker...

CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW CHANNEL LOW

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Finally got to dance in snow about 8:45 this morning. Big wet flakes . Im happy now :)

I've obviously missed something regarding the channel low chant so I will do some catching up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Just put my rubbish out (half empty black sack) came back indoors, then turned around and said to myself that wont be there by morning and got it back in lol :)

Getting quite gusty here, hoping it wont get too bad though.

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

My point of interest I'm looking at regarding wintry weather is Saturday night.

Although the models don't show much coherence yet, there is a sneaky chance of some more organised snowfall to modestly high ground.

We will see though, I may be completely wrong.

Yep this has shown up on the MO weather app. No idea yet on longevity and intensity but worth looking out for.

Generally though after tonights balmy temps I'm looking at a top temperature of just 4c for the next 10 days. Early next week looking particularly cold with hard frosts. Love Winter  :yahoo:

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Does make me laugh when you see snowfall maps of uk in mod thread with whole country under snow except west country..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Does make me laugh when you see snowfall maps of uk in mod thread with whole country under snow except west country..

Yep. And we all know they are all getting excited about stuff that won't happen - it's too far out to know the detail.. Yet people are getting hysterical. It's alright for them if they are in northern or central England!

• Like 1