Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just rain here now

Indeed. XCWeather suggests dewpoints have risen lately too. Happy to have had the thundersleet earlier though! First time I have ever seen a thunderstorm with wintry precipitation! :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just plain old rain here, a bit sleety every now and again, the intensity of these showers just isn't heavy enough to drag the freezing level down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just plain old rain here, a bit sleety every now and again, the intensity of these showers just isn't heavy enough to drag the freezing level down.

No ppn ever seems to give me a direct hit this evening to find out. :cc_confused:

Posted

More sleet now than rain I'd say at the moment.

Posted

No ppn ever seems to give me a direct hit this evening to find out. :cc_confused:

Looking at radar give 30 if we dont get any time for bed i think...

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

You have to start somewhere I suppose. :laugh: little behind schedule it seems...

Lol, ain't that the truth!

• Like 1

Posted

Proper snow has arrived! finally nice birthday treat haha!

Happy Belated Birthday! :) my birthday is on 11th September, the chance of snow is so remote I'd see cows fly before that even occurs. Bring on the BLIZZARDS!!!. :help::shok:

• Like 3

Posted

It's on and off wet snow and sleet. Just need a bit more intensity. And just saw a flash in the sky.

And it registered on Blitzortung - Yay - first lightning / sleet / snow ever seen!

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 2

Posted

Happy Belated Birthday! :) my birthday is on 11th September, the chance of snow is so remote I'd see cows fly before that even occurs. Bring on the BLIZZARDS!!!. :help::shok:

Thanks. Think i'll see what the next batch of showers offer then head by to bed as i don't see any point in myself staying up if nothings happening.

Posted

Really struggling to see anything else but sleet. Might wake up to a dusting if we're lucky and the temp can lower a bit more in intense bursts through the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Looking at the radar it's all going too far north for here, not holding out much hope to see anything.

Posted

Really struggling to see anything else but sleet. Might wake up to a dusting if we're lucky and the temp can lower a bit more in intense bursts through the night.

Always the same. We just need a big channel low to hit us from nowhere!

Posted

Think we need to hope the models have a good handle on things regarding the end of the weekend and into next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looking at the radar it's all going too far north for here, not holding out much hope to see anything.

It is disappointing to see really. all about 10 miles north :wallbash:  :wallbash:

I give up watching :cc_confused:

Posted

Think we need to hope the models have a good handle on things regarding the end of the weekend and into next week.

Yeah, I don't think were done with things yet. Some promising synoptics in the outputs in the not too distant future.

Posted

It is disappointing to see really. all about 10 miles north :wallbash:  :wallbash:

I'm sure we'll get more chances. Too sporadic and marginal to be waiting on each "clump" of ppn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Doing the post code zoom thingy I don't think it's even that far away. Pondering how sad it would be to go out for a little drive around...