Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted

Yeah OK I see the pattern has set in for the night:

attachicon.gifEven Nearer Miss.png

Lightning observed. Temp now up to 2.5C.

Never had lying snow from showers, has to be a front or developing LP system.

Surely the next batch that has just gone through Swindon has to be on target this time?! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Lightning and sleet :yahoo: 3.5C DP, 0.0C and falling. Very gusty wind. Would love to stay awake tonight.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Temperature is stubbornly halted at 01.8C. Another sleet shower just moved through, made quite a racket on the windows and seemed to form in the relatively shallow Severn Estuary ahead of the big stuff further west. I don't know if I can stay up to see if what's out west falls as snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sleet followed by wet snow, a few bigger flakes mixed in. I'd take that, desperate times. lol 

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Surely the next batch that has just gone through Swindon has to be on target this time?! :)

It will either run out of puff 5 miles short or it will be a rain shower.

Posted

well looking at radar their coming together in Irish sea, but this whole winter like last depressing, still least my friend from china landed today not tomorrow r she might of been delayed

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

It gave the first real snow of the year for me so fingers crossed.

Long time no chat, Happy for you, after the glum winter of last 

Posted

18z Euro4 shows rain across the UK at 00z but by 06z it turns to snow, so somewhere in the space of that 6 hours it changes..................... I hope..

00z

15011400_1318.gif

06z

15011406_1318.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

With all that's going on I expect nobody has checked the mod thread for info on the latest outputs, which if correct we won't have to wait long for the cold and snow to return, and I swear some who have seen snow tonight were in the mod thread just last week having a moan and saying the rest of winter would be snowless! lol.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Yeah lfcdude, let's hope we can pull a bit more interest out of this winter before it's gone.

Zephyr I noticed that and wondered if the model has underestimated the temps? To be fair it's been mostly rain, sleet then hail for me but the last dump was proper snow. (Although too wet out to settle)

Edited by kumquat

Posted

With all that's going on I expect nobody has checked the mod thread for info on the latest outputs, which if correct we won't have to wait long for the cold and snow to return, and I swear some who have seen snow tonight were in the mod thread just last week having a moan and saying the rest of winter would be snowless! lol.

Hmm...yeah...Just checked the GFS 18Z parallel (which was late out when I checked earlier) and it's an absolute cracker of a snow-fest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Looks like the temps are finally starting to fall away now the squall line is passing through Southampton. That was quite a hoolie :-)

Posted

Yeah lfcdude, let's hope we can pull a bit more interest out of this winter before it's gone.

Cant be any worse then last so figures crossed 

Posted

Calmed down a bit now...hoping the reason I can't hear rain is that it's turned to snow...spose I should look out of the windows really.....;-)

Edited by lightningsprite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks fairly quiet for most now though lots of showers just about to pile into Cornwall now. Hope they can be wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

still a slight dusting on the grass (not much) but no showers at all for a long time. Hope it picks up soon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking good here.... Snowing here

Just rain here sadly in Falmouth.