Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted

nice bar  had many a good pint in there, and still do

Yes, this month Nigel usually has a different beer each day at a cheap price. January is always half price B&B - only month we can afford to stay there.

Straight drive to Torcross from Bristol next Thursday to go to the Start Bay inn for fish and chips lunch.

Meanwhile, shower activity pepping up again in the S Irish Sea and Bristol channel - it's going to be a lively night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just had a look at the radar and I'm struggling to see where our snow is supposed to be coming from. Seems that now it's cold enough for it to settle the precipitation has dried up. Anyone have any idea where it's supposed to materialise from?  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Shocking. After the early snow we have reverted to rain / sleet! Temp 1.5C dew point -1.6c  :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Heavy blowing rain/sleet mix here in Exeter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Just had a look at the radar and I'm struggling to see where our snow is supposed to be coming from. Seems that now it's cold enough for it to settle the precipitation has dried up. Anyone have any idea where it's supposed to materialise from?

That's exa what I've just said, but after having had another look at the radar, I'm thinking it's from the Bristol channel, not what's coming up over Devon at the mo.. We will see soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I went the opposite way to escape all that with the wife and to drink in some nice friendly pubs mind you i still work in plymouth which is a pain in the...... 

Fair play to you! Its a really nice area to live if you choose to live there. Dousland is very nice. The missus is a Plymouth girl so it was just to far out of the way for her!

Just had Thunder, Lightening and a heavy hail shower. That will do!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

That's exa what I've just said, but after having had another look at the radar, I'm thinking it's from the Bristol channel, not what's coming up over Devon at the mo.. We will see soon

Hope so. Just checked radar on xc weather too, has temps, dew point, wind speed etc - their forecast has just a light snow shower here about 3am, METO says heavy snow from now-ish through to morning.

Confused  :unknw:

Posted

Hope so. Just checked radar on xc weather too, has temps, dew point, wind speed etc - their forecast has just a light snow shower here about 3am, METO says heavy snow from now-ish through to morning.

Confused  :unknw:

My xcweather is the same - I believe the meto over them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

At a guess - the showers South of Ireland, but it was always a snow showers affair rather than bands of snow - so hit and miss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Just had the most incredible hail shower here. The temperature dropped 0.7c in a few minutes and its completely white outside now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Was looking SW Chris but haven't seen anything since I last posted, hasn't rained or snowed either since just gone 5.30

Originally our main threat was in the early hours...so I won't know if we had any until I get up at 6 for work haha...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Judging by the stuff coming into the SW approaches now, I'd say the next few hours from say 10pm onwards will be very fruitful for North and West facing hills down in Cornwall and Devon in particular, I would expect a very decent covering for this part of the region come morning. Bodmin Moor, Dartmoor and Exmoor seeing a few inches laying by breakfast time, pretty much as forecast. It is the overnight period when things get more interesting for the rest of us too. 

Glad to see a few old and not so old faces in here reporting on it all, what a community we are.  :friends:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Heavy snow has now hit Newton Poppleford for the first time in 2015! :D

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Oh no...is my video working on here?

Yes worked for me and you got a thunderclap on it for sure, nice back-lighting against the local Church.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Lots of activity in the S Irish sea.

As Chris said, the main bulk of showers forecast to hit the region midnight and into early hours i believe.

Oops, and as GLTW just posted.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Thunderstorms and Heatwaves

Very heavy sleet and strong winds! :) 

Posted

In light of tonight's excitement, we have all bypassed the fact that there is a storm brewing for tomorrow night, what can we expect here in the south west? How windy is it going to be?