Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted

Actually I'm surprised more isn't being made by the media of this snowy possibility. I think there's a fair chance, if snow is going to settle at all, that there might be some decent, train-stopping road-closing falls. How often do rain accumulations end up jumping from a predicted 5mm to 10/15mm out of nowhere? Pretty often my neck of the woods. Why not tomorrow morning then? (guessing 10mm rain = somewhere between 5 and 12cm of snow)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well worth a read, courtesy of Nick F's blog, taken from the MOD thread.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82208-model-output-discussion-stormy-period-inbound/?p=3115356

On the "right here, right now, right here, right now" aspect, I almost feel like singing because it sure is getting more wintry out there. When I posted barely half an hour ago, it was 4.9c, well the aforementioned squall has just about finished with us in Newbury and I think I saw sleetiness to the precipitation. The Temperature is now 2.7c and dropping readily lower and lower. DP is approximately 1.6c so some way to go at my altitude but even here I'm not ruling out some settled snow by morning if things fall right.  :yahoo:

Amazing to think we're getting this synoptic situation from -6/-7 850s off a generally westerly flow.  :shok:  :gathering:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Some very splodgy drops coming through in a heavy shower that recently passed over Bristol, almost look like wet snow when it really went for it. It's just gonna get colder!

Yeah that's what I saw here earlier in a heavy downpour, the intensity didn't last long though and it turned back to all rain.

Posted

3.2°C, 91%RH (Dew P) 2°C, 1002.6hpa.

Might head up the hill while this next lot moves across the W Country.

Posted

Actually I'm surprised more isn't being made by the media of this snowy possibility. I think there's a fair chance, if snow is going to settle at all, that there might be some decent, train-stopping road-closing falls. How often do rain accumulations end up jumping from a predicted 5mm to 10/15mm out of nowhere? Pretty often my neck of the woods. Why not tomorrow morning then? (guessing 10mm rain = somewhere between 5 and 12cm of snow)

I have to agree somewhere will get it good 15cm? best case scenario if showers merge into longer spells of snow. This much more likely above 200M ASL but I think by tonight it'll snow to very low levels. 1-5cm possible below 100M depends, really some will wonder what all the fuss is while others a other story. Best of luck neighbours. :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Sleet. Sleeeet. We have had a bit of sleet. Haha. Encouraging for when the temps drop more later :)

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow shower just passed through.and yes it did settle covered everything now eased off. Starting to melt now.first flakes since march 2013. Happy.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Next rash of showers are coming into view with colder temperatures than the last big shower so camera at the ready.. will this one settle properly? :D

Posted

2.8°C, 92%RH (Dew P) 2°C.

We are getting closer I think sleet is a real possibility with this incoming shower :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

What's our chances down here on the good old southcoast then

like me you dont have any altitude so not good, you never know though.

Posted

sleeting, got some quite large flakes mixed in :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

Once again I think we will be missed to far southwest ( near Truro ).... Have fun who gets the snow :):)

Posted

Still sleeting but more snow than rain at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

On the bus back home to the Moor after work. Lamp post showing rain atm but still at the edge of Plymouth.EExcitement building as we start the climb

Posted

Heavy rain in Filton at the moment but temp is dropping rapidly. Dropped 0.6 degrees in about 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain shower in warminster, no sleet/snow yet

There was some wet flakes mixed in on the Eastern side of town as denoted by the windscreen splat test lol.

Broken cloud. 2.5c. :angry: 

Broken cloud is good, it will let the temp drop between the shower bands.

We moved house on 1st Feb 2013, not had any dodgy driving conditions to get out of our new estate since then, tomorrow morning may well be the first.