Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

We usually do ok, certainly much better than say Wells. Main concern is that the winds turn and blow it all NE. A steady stream off the Bristol channel, akin to February 2009 will do me just fine! I can dream eh....

That's it! Rub it in :( lol! It was sleet here about an hour ago, looking forward to later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Turning much colder out there now 3.2°C 91%RH (Dew P) 2°C.

Had a couple of rain showers this afternoon nothing wintry I don't think my elevation will help me this time but some sleet would be better than nothing.

All to play for still mate. Hasn't even begun yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Once this next squall has passed Newbury, I can join in the snow-hunting fun and games too, I'd imagine. Too mild here for now at 4.9c and 91% humidity, snow remains a long-shot at my location but the local downs should cop it. Eyes on the radars and lamp-posts now guys n gals as the immediate forecasts won't tell you much, besides an update from the Pros.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Fromey, Need your help please.

Would you be able to recommend a weather station that i could hook up to my home wifi then view over the net on an app on my iphone.

hi, i only have a maplin job, running off of cumulus software, i dont know much about the wifi stuff im affraid

fromey

the meto update is an upgrade so i hear!!

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

That's it! Rub it in :( lol! It was sleet here about an hour ago, looking forward to later

I'm home tomorrow, if we get shedloads (met forecast looks hopeful of a few cms) I'll pop down and pick you up for a sledging session at stockhill woods. Trusty Landy won't get stuck in our 2ft....may have to shovel our way through the 4ft up at Priddy though  :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted

As already been said all the action is likely to start overnight, I reckon you'll do well as Yelverton is at height (from memory) I guess its just a case whether the precipitation hits your location and if it does its likely to be some of the white stuff.

Yep R_C Yelverton is roughly 192m asl. not a bad height but we often seem to be the wrong side of the moor. Too close to the Tamar Bridge maybe !!! :rofl:  Glad to hear some snow reports though, way more interesting weather watching for cold lovers than last year.

Posted

plenty of hail here this afternoon in Witheridge (159m between Exmoor and Dartmoor) and I will be on lamp-post watching duty later on....come on white stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Heavy rain shower in warminster, no sleet/snow yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'm home tomorrow, if we get shedloads (met forecast looks hopeful of a few cms) I'll pop down and pick you up for a sledging session at stockhill woods. Trusty Landy won't get stuck in our 2ft....may have to shovel our way through the 4ft up at Priddy though  :laugh:

Better luck with her than my little corsa with dodgy electrics :D

• Like 1

Posted

Awww! Thanks :) I'm meant to be working tomorrow.. If we have a basin full I'm always the only one that can get in to work! So I always get the raw end of the deal

• Like 1

Posted

I got a new (to me) car a couple of months ago.. I may have to take it for a spin "up top" tonight.,, and by spin, I don't mean literally I hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Some very splodgy drops coming through in a heavy shower that recently passed over Bristol, almost look like wet snow when it really went for it. It's just gonna get colder!

Posted

I got a new (to me) car a couple of months ago.. I may have to take it for a spin "up top" tonight.,, and by spin, I don't mean literally I hope!

Sounds romantic.. you provide the car I'll provide a few cm's :rofl:  :rofl:  :D

• Like 2

Posted

Wow its really getting its act together out west now might head up Cotswolds when this next batch arrives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

We have just had a quick rain to hail shower now looks sleety. Alarm clock is set torch at the ready. All we need now is the snow.

Temp falling quickly as is dew point temp 4c dew point 1.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sounds romantic.. you provide the car I'll provide a few cm's :rofl:  :rofl:  :D

Where's AJ when you need him.  :whistling:

Posted

I can go via GS if you want.

Posted

Awww! Thanks :) I'm meant to be working tomorrow.. If we have a basin full I'm always the only one that can get in to work! So I always get the raw end of the deal

Poor you. Sod duvet days, reckon all employers should offer snow playing days instead.

• Like 1

Posted

We had a good dumping of hail earlier in Bracknell but nothing since.  I've seen the warnings about snow overnight but just cannot believe it.  It doesn't 'feel' snowy enough... Not that I have been out today!

How likely are we to get snow up here, about 15 mins east of Reading...

Posted

I can go via GS if you want.

cheers. I expect I'll be trekking around Mendip golf course having a play and building a snow man, that is if indeed we do have a decent covering tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We had a pretty beefy hail shower about 2.30 today, not much since. Can't help but get a bit excited for overnight :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Heavy hail here nr Truro and Feeling much colder.

Best of luck to everyone this evening and hope it's the beginning of something good for all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That's funny!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Yep R_C Yelverton is roughly 192m asl. not a bad height but we often seem to be the wrong side of the moor. Too close to the Tamar Bridge maybe !!! :rofl:  Glad to hear some snow reports though, way more interesting weather watching for cold lovers than last year.

we're at 206 metres and just that bit further up the hill and away from theraradiator that is that tamar. All fingers crossed here. Think it will come down to if we are lucky to be in the way of the bands of showers.