Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

No worries. :)

Heavy rain and squally winds here at the moment, but I can see the back edge already in the distance.

& with that hopefully more colder air digs in behind, just started to rain here!

Posted

& with that hopefully more colder air digs in behind, just started to rain here!

And over it goes...

2 minutes ago.

post-7340-0-60176800-1421150330_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Would be a white out here right now if it was cold enough, absolutely hammering it down with rain, bit of hail mixed in at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I believe its going to be 8 C up until about 3pm so nothing coming down white for a while yet in the South West also temps for tomorrow look between 7-10 C in the south so any snow will be short lived :-( however i feel next week is looking a little more exciting!

Edited by Andrew snow hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

first area of showery rain this morning now scooted off east ,but its colder now at mid day than 9am this morning .i think quite a few will see some white stuff but heavier precipitation could bring it down to quite low levels after sun set .as i type [one finger ] rain as arrived ,would not be surprised to see lightning hail soon going by the look of radar out west ,fingers crossed for all .we just need a good throw of the dice and later  this week and next could turn quite wintry charts past five days changing from run to run so hopefully in our favour , :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Took a lovely stroll, albeit very slow one along Sandown beach today with only a jumper and thin jacket on, was surprised how warmish it was walking along the beach. Got back, within about 30 mins had to turn the lights on as went very dark lol..and now the sun is out again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I believe its going to be 8 degrees up until about 3pm so nothing coming down white for a while yet in the South West also temps for tomorrow look between 7-10 degrees in the south so any snow will be short lived :-) however i feel next week is looking a little more exciting!

8c!? its only 4c here now although still on wrong side of marginal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Few strikes being picked up heading towards Basingstoke.

Posted

Brief but heavy shower in Winchester between about 12.05 and 12.20. Temperature went down from 8.4 to 6.2 in those 15 minutes. Just shows what heavier precipitation can do to improve chances of snow.

Posted

Some beefy looking showers out to the west I think they may be the first snow showers?

last one was very sleety.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Some beefy looking showers out to the west I think they may be the first snow showers?

last one was very sleety.

Not yet, it's tonight it's meant to start. Here is a radar shot - mods pls delete if not allowed.

post-9503-0-83686500-1421153398_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

May be an interesting drive along the A46 out of Bath tonight, height and precipitation which at that height should be white.

Driving in falling snow is like one of those old screen savers, it really makes my eyes go funny  :rofl:

I can recommend the NW Snow radar app its perfect for when you don't have access to a PC.

Edited by Rich_Clements

Posted

Not yet, it's tonight it's meant to start. Here is a radar shot - mods pls delete if not allowed.

Well it isn't completely accurate khodds after all it was sleet just past not rain.. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It does feel like Bristle Boy and myself are talking to ourselves in here with regard to timings, see below.  :sorry:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82259-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-discussion-1300z-12115/?p=3114576

The heavier and more organised the showers become and some have indeed contained Hail, Sleet & thunder already, then chances of them containing a wintry (snow) element will only increase.

5.4c here after 10.8c at midnight and a minimum this morning of 4.9c. I anticipate that after the next squall passes, currently positioned between Bristol and Swindon, the Air Temperature will drop within rising again. The South Western Moors region should witness the first snowfalls judging by current radars during the next six to nine hours I'd guess and thereafter the risk spreads Eastwards and Northwards.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted

I think this sums up UK weather quite nicely :)

All+weather.jpg?d=F_nTEiVEoAQ-GhKCngT2im

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Ha Ha Ha, love the sense of humour but it is true of today and next few days :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Well it isn't completely accurate khodds after all it was sleet just past not rain.. :nonono:

That's because you are a lucky git! Lol!

Posted

Is that a "leaked" forecast from the gozillion pound computer that the Meto own? 

Damn accurate I'd say..

• Like 1

Posted

That's because you are a lucky git! Lol!

:rofl:  No but the ppn type radars are just guides and don't always pick up on elevation properly or indeed intensity and other small little features.

Posted

I hope we dont get any snow, frost or ice here tbh. Have only just started to venture out and about a bit more after surgery and really dont fancy brushing up on my iceskating skills :)

• Like 1