Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted

Then head out to the Quantocks in the early morning if you have not seen much Taunton way that is your closest port of call unless you fancy Exmoor or Mendips.

Early morning? I'm from Devon, I don't get up before Midday :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: HOT SUNNY

Radar update:

BLUE= SNOW

PINK= SLEET

post-2611-0-02056900-1421143024_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Wet snow on the peaks of the moors currently!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wet snow on the peaks of the moors currently!!! 

Around 400m I presume?

Posted

Good Morning SNOW CRYSTAL.  Many Thanks for the update and i wish you a change to some 50p sized flakes later today :-)

I`ll post some snow pics for you tomorrow if we get any!!

Thanks Offerman, I'd be quite happy with 5p sized flakes, would still be better than last year. Infact, the 3 frosts and 2 hail showers of the past few weeks have been better than last year. How sad is that?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Around 400m I presume?

About that. sunny now. 

Posted

Netweather radar has stopped working :-(

Posted

Rain started 5 mins ago on Devon/Dorset border. Temp 6c. Wind is completely calm at moment.

And now a squally wind has picked up and the latest heavy shower has a touch of hail. Going to be an interesting day/evening.

Posted

Just started raining, 6.8°C, 92%RH (Dew P) 6°C.

Still a fair bit away from any chance of wintry PPN yet.

Posted

Rain has arrived however there is a sleety element to the heavier bursts although a long way yet I feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

16.9mm of rain yesterday.

Currently 8.6°C with 9mm of rain. It looks as though a new batch is heading this way, gone very dark.

post-15177-0-39979000-1421145675_thumb.ppost-15177-0-76801800-1421145680_thumb.p

Posted

Gone very dark to my W and NW I have a feeling that we might see hail soon with a ongoing risk of thunder.

EDIT Dew P 4°C dropping quickly now temp 7.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I thought any snow chance is for tonight, not during the day today.

Yep, from approximately sunset time, down should come the more wintry stuff. 6pm onwards looks especially ripe given reasonable 850s from then until 12pm tomorrow for most of this region. One eye of mine is also on the end of the week and the other is straining at the prospects being shown for next week, a raw Easterly on my birthday, simply couldn't happen could it?  :D

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Only 3mm of rain yesterday and overnight due to the rain shadow effect of Dartmoor. 1.6mm this morning.

Back in Egham now anyway, just when there is a wintry risk (snow more likely at home and especially on surrounding hills), and a stormy low straight after. Typical timing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Thanks Offerman, I'd be quite happy with 5p sized flakes, would still be better than last year. Infact, the 3 frosts and 2 hail showers of the past few weeks have been better than last year. How sad is that?

Couldn`t agree more. Lets live in hope and who knows what will happen in this next week....  Then we have February and even March. Not even half way through winter so there`s hope...

• Like 2

Posted

Well ladies and gentlemen there is potential for snow so I'm back posting instead of lurking  :)  I've got everything crossed that we all see some falling snow in the next 24 hrs and maybe some settling too even if it is just briefly :yahoo: Its been sooo sooo long!!!!  I'm just on the borderline at 102als so anything could happen!

Becoming v dark here and starting to rain. Can't provide any data at the mo as the sodding batteries have run out on my weather station grr! Typical!

Got some charging so will hopefully have some info soon.

Have fun all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

EURO 4 6Z Update..

post-15543-0-96347700-1421148566_thumb.g post-15543-0-27525100-1421148568_thumb.g post-15543-0-05535300-1421148569_thumb.g

12pm                                                 6pm                                      Midnight

post-15543-0-01652500-1421148570_thumb.g  post-15543-0-07965700-1421148571_thumb.g 

6am                                                  12pm

Looks good for Upland Wiltshire/Oxon/Cotswolds/F.O.G. Good area as the night goes on even down to lower levels.

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 1

Posted

Compared to last night's forecast, Chris Fawkes' latest brings snow showers for some of our Cornish friends as early as late this afternoon. Roughly in line with the Euro4 below.

post-7340-0-38460400-1421147847_thumb.jp

Interest then shifts towards to the north of our region overnight, before the bands of showers sink south before dawn.

post-7340-0-58333900-1421148307_thumb.jp

post-7340-0-07673700-1421148333_thumb.jp

All in all, tonight looks like a nice little taster and an decent opportunity to see falling snow, before the possibility of the proper stuff arriving next week.

Edit - Ha. See Mark N for the updated Euro4.

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Compared to last night's forecast, Chris Fawkes' latest brings snow showers for some of our Cornish friends as early as late this afternoon. Roughly in line with the Euro4 below.

attachicon.gif15011318_1300.jpg

Interest then shifts towards to the north of our region overnight, before the bands of showers sink south before dawn.

attachicon.gif15011400_1300.jpg

attachicon.gif15011406_1300.jpg

All in all, tonight looks like a nice little taster and an decent opportunity to see falling snow, before the possibility of the proper stuff arriving next week.

Edit - Ha. See Mark N for the updated Euro4.

i did wait a few minutes before posting, as didn't want to duplicate a post, looks good for many here. even hailstones more towards the coast for Mapantz, so at least he is seeing something.

Posted

i did wait a few minutes before posting, as didn't want to duplicate a post, looks good for many here. even hailstones more towards the coast for Mapantz, so at least he is seeing something.

No worries. :)

Heavy rain and squally winds here at the moment, but I can see the back edge already in the distance.