Snow?

North West England - Weather chat

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?! It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.

Snow this morning in Saddleworth.......will there be more on Tue/ Weds??

Hello follow north westerners, I'm just south of the city of Preston ( Walton Le dale) I've been watching the forum for a couple a years, but never posted but trying to understand what is going on, th

Posted Images

A Good 40 mins of heavy snow

Happy with that nice top up.. Sky looking very orange over winter hill..

Small chance Belmont will probably be cut off. It already have deep snow when I went past there by bus.

• Like 2

Pleased to hear many have seen some snow fall this evening and a fair number of places a generous cover - showers have seemed to align themselves in a favourable spot for south Lancashire/north greater Manchester region.

Bit of a shame they haven't done here. I'm hopeful we will get a couple of cms at least from the trough feature due to hit us tomorrow morning - maybe more and hopeful this will stick during the day - the greater the depth the greater the chance - a light cover and the sun will put pay to it except where shelter.

Anyhow I'm off into the countryside tomorrow, not decided yet whether to head high (will be hard going) or stick to the lower ground but wherever I go it will be good with the fells looking resplendent in mid winter white cloak.

Temp 0.2 degrees and should fall below shortly.

Clear skies here. Bit bemused to be honest!

There's a bit of white on the cars outside, probably hail or graupel. We had some of the latter yesterday for the first time since December 2009.

• Like 1

Small chance Belmont will probably be cut off. It already have deep snow when I went past there by bus.

Friend of mine lives about 1 mile from Belmont and he has just posted something on Facebook.. Will post his photos tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just drove up to runcorn castle. It's 70m higher than my house. We had snow falling and lying, but this was from a 10 minute shower here

Second picture is the mersey, just a height comparison.

post-8895-0-58326800-1421539912_thumb.jp

post-8895-0-10030600-1421539923_thumb.jp

• Like 3