Snow?

North West England - Weather chat

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?! It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.

Snow this morning in Saddleworth.......will there be more on Tue/ Weds??

Hello follow north westerners, I'm just south of the city of Preston ( Walton Le dale) I've been watching the forum for a couple a years, but never posted but trying to understand what is going on, th

Posted Images

Don't kid yourself!

I remember the slider 2 yrs ago that halted around Wigan even though Chorley was under an orange met office warning :( At least we're in the game next week. Coastal areas still prob not cold enough.

I'm off to Rawtenstall for a walk tomoz anyone on here from around that area? Any snow?

Just used accuweathers minute cast as the snow stoped 15 mins ago,

It said rain will start at 22:50 and what dya know it's started again it now says it will rain for 120 min.

I have snow, so if your around South Manchester maybe if it carries on you might fall lucky!

I'm in BL1 area. Showers must be passing to my South.

Orange sky but nowt falling.

You don't have to guess/make assumptions where the showers are just check out rain today :)

• Like 1

Still only seen wet snow and sleet here in southern Manchester... lots of places away from centre are seeing settling snow though, just unlucky for us in city centre. It is heavy sleet right now so can't quite understand why evaporative cooling hasnt taken effect, still ppn to come so such a shame! Still all to play for next week so can't be too disheartened.

• Like 1

Still only seen wet snow and sleet here in southern Manchester... lots of places away from centre are seeing settling snow though, just unlucky for us in city centre. It is heavy sleet right now so can't quite understand why evaporative cooling hasnt taken effect, still ppn to come so such a shame! Still all to play for next week so can't be too disheartened.

That damn urban heat island effect!

You should take a drive up here in the hills!

• Like 2

That damn urban heat island effect!

You should take a drive up here in the hills!

I know, tell me about it... grrrr. It's 1oC for gods sake, with -1oC dewpoint, it should be snow haha Good idea methinks!