Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Sister in PR7 she has  nowt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Been sleet and wet snow recently.

Slushy hail deposits still present on roofs and grass from earlier

Amazing and you are about 3 miles up the road!

Posted

Pink sky....4-5 inches....hills place to be.... Loving it..... Anyone without....go to the hills tomoz.....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I have to say that last shower was the best I've seen in years. Chucking it down with huge flakes and not a breath of wind, just mesmerising!! :D

• Like 3

Posted

probably a couple of inches here. close to the pennines and with elevation. just been out. crunchy, twinkly snow. large flakes still falling, which half covered my footprints after 10 minutes. beautiful. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Blimey ive never seen it hailstone so hard,so long and huge hail,its completely white over 2inches! Now its wet snow on top.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Met Office computer generated forecasts have updated, and downgraded Tuesday's event to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

got some hail before, but as usually with coastal lowland NW England, it is melting fairly rapidly.. as dewpoints are above 0C too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Met Office computer generated forecasts have updated, and downgraded Tuesday's event to rain.

Good, if it said snow it would definitely be rain.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Blimey ive never seen it hailstone so hard,so long and huge hail,its completely white over 2inches! Now its wet snow on top.

Nice to see some relative coastal locations getting snow! No such luck here yet.

Posted

Just a quick report of weather activity on the Lancashire plain this evening. travelled from Southport to visit mam in Whiston hospital....odd hail shower. dropped brother home at Huyton on the way back to Southport which was eventful in that the roads and motorway where tracherous at times because of heavy hail/sleet most of the way back. temperature in car mostly 2c.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to see some relative coastal locations getting snow! No such luck here yet.

Yes it is snowing West, East, South and North of my location now yet somehow here it is still all rain.

I want to smash something (again)

Edited by Mucka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I bet tonight will be very cold with the snow lying on the ground here. Some icicles may form too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

this is why the south of the region will always get more than the north, 1 word......streamers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Yes it is snowing West, Easy, South and North of my location now yet somehow here it is still all rain.

I want to smash something (again)

How near the centre of Manchester are you? Being a big city there would be quite a substantial urban heat island effect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

ripponden.jpg this is near me

The 18z gfs looks pretty good though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

This really is a pathetic 'cold' spell  :lazy:

An hour ago I was thought this would be a crap cold spell. But now I've got the first lying snow since 2 years ago. TBH this is quite a good cold spell. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

According to radar PR7 is slap bang in the middle of sleet, nothing, no PPN, it's dry there