Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Really, you've got no patches of snow? Wonder what she's on about then, she lives in Euxton but is in Wigwam shopping?? Will be having words!

I think the patches must be the hailstones from this morning, theres one patch in my parents back garden on the bridge lol, other than that its almost 6 degrees and rain and few hail showers, thats all. No snow at all and im in leyland, although i. More towards the centre of leyland, euxton is a bit more elavated than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Omg at last something interesting happens.

Just had heavy sleet followed by very heavy Pea sized hail. Really surprised there wasn't any lightning in that! That should've knocked the temperature down a bit. excited for later now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

We had some snow showers - really sticking on the mountains but right here its not sticking and then DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I think the patches must be the hailstones from this morning, theres one patch in my parents back garden on the bridge lol, other than that its almost 6 degrees and rain and few hail showers, thats all. No snow at all and im in leyland, although i. More towards the centre of leyland, euxton is a bit more elavated than here.

Maybe she saw the patch in your folks back garden lol! Don't know what she was talking about..................I'm still nibbling at the cake you made me buy last night

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

This is turning into the crapest cold spell ever ....

hardly begun yet, winds are mainly westerly, a huge sea track, dosent really begin until tomorrow night, snow chances tue and wed, staying cold until Atlantic moves in fri or sat

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

LAZY GET! haha

I was out last night haha! I met the Wealstone raider!

post-8895-0-30315600-1421501340_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Mixture of rain/sleet/hail showers here, 3.4c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

This is turning into the crapest cold spell ever ....

Yes, the westerly winds are hampening things for coastal areas at the mo, this wont be the case tomorrow and next week is looking good for this part of the UK! Tomorrow will be cold, tomorrow night very cold and it will stay cold Monday to Wednesday at least. Keep the faith!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Don't really know what to expect to be honest, all forecasts pointing towards rain only here for Tuesday. So much uncertainty leads me to think (and hope) there's a good chance it'll become snow. Plenty of moaning in the model thread but still technically 3 months left of potentially significant snowfall. 

Yes, the westerly winds are hampening things for coastal areas at the mo, this wont be the case tomorrow and next week is looking good for this part of the UK! Tomorrow will be cold, tomorrow night very cold and it will stay cold Monday to Wednesday at least. Keep the faith!

going up black Combe tomorrow ,might get a snow fix on there :)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

As I said before, after the ppn over last few days has only skimmed my part of Manchester, the heavier ppn has finally reached here and it's a tad too warm for snow. However even at 4/5oC, its a wintry mix as the heavy ppn brings down the temp a little. Much better prospects to come over next few days!

• Like 1

Posted

imagine if the pond was the size of the north sea?, westerlies miles colder than a true beast!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Having a few hail/sleety showers here

Posted

imagine if the pond was the size of the north sea?, westerlies miles colder than a true beast!

I would just love to see a big easterly, none of all this marginality drip drip drip stuff, as I always caveat, I fully recognise that it has to be a powerhouse Easterly to deliver for large parts of this region, anyway, its turned back to snow now and I have a covering.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

I think its snowing here a little

Posted

I would just love to see a big easterly, none of all this marginality drip drip drip stuff, as I always caveat, I fully recognise that it has to be a powerhouse Easterly to deliver for large parts of this region, anyway, its turned back to snow now and I have a covering.

Easterly best direction for me, clean route for the showers, unlike westerly with the mountains in the way, trouble is, easterlies so rare before April

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Hail

Posted

Easterly best direction for me, clean route for the showers, unlike westerly with the mountains in the way, trouble is, easterlies so rare before April

Yes, everything needs to fall into place at exactly the right time.

Posted

Showers

A big easterly during January, last occasion? Late January 1996. That's how long ago!

Showers finally hitting my area. A bit of sleet mixed in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Blue sky now above my house, will go walkies with Meg whilst it's dryish