North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Jan accu weather has an app on itunes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

i phone met office app has predicted rain/weather for 30hrs. The showers look to be north of the county then more so for lancs etc 3am ish onwards. Two degrees colder and most showers would be snow!

post-19090-0-38316500-1421444436_thumb.j

Edited by Spah1
  • Like 1

Posted

A bit of snow while I was out with the dog but barely enough to cover the ice left from today's freeze thaw freeze.

Just looked on the CCTV, can't be bothered going curtain twitching and it's either snow or graupel coming down again.

Grauple!

• Like 1

Posted

Grauple!

Just look at rain today. We're not due any PNN for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Evening folks, been a bit of a lurker the past few months but now that the cold snap is starting I thought i would post.. I'm personally from birmingham but im currently studying in Manchester hence the post in this regional thread! hope you dont mind!  :hi:

Anyway on to later tonight, hopefully we will see some of those showers hitting inland and in heavier bursts some accumulations will appear locally. The uppers will be favourable and the ground temps should be cold enough for some of the snow that falls to last throughout the day. 

Today I have been compiling a few thoughts on what I think will happen over the next few days, and will post later on after a walk, I for sure do not think that this cold weather will be as short lived as some are making out, I expect further upgrades with regards to ppn, mixed in with the cold uppers I expect this to fall as snow. 

It is proving difficult to pin down the general trend because the ens are all over the place even in a relatively short time frame!

Dont loose hope people, lets enjoy the cold that is coming! I for one would of defiantly snapped someones hand off if this was offered to us when in decemeber and early January it looked like the 'zonal train'

The funs of winter in the UK eh!  :cold:  :cold:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Grauple!

Maybe a good time to take the car for a spin around Morrisons car park.

Posted

Evening folks, been a bit of a lurker the past few months but now that the cold snap is starting I thought i would post.. I'm personally from birmingham but im currently studying in Manchester hence the post in this regional thread! hope you dont mind!  :hi:

Anyway on to later tonight, hopefully we will see some of those showers hitting inland and in heavier bursts some accumulations will appear locally. The uppers will be favourable and the ground temps should be cold enough for some of the snow that falls to last throughout the day. 

Today I have been compiling a few thoughts on what I think will happen over the next few days, and will post later on after a walk, I for sure do not think that this cold weather will be as short lived as some are making out, I expect further upgrades with regards to ppn, mixed in with the cold uppers I expect this to fall as snow. 

It is proving difficult to pin down the general trend because the ens are all over the place even in a relatively short time frame!

Dont loose hope people, lets enjoy the cold that is coming! I for one would of defiantly snapped someones hand off if this was offered to us when in decemeber and early January it looked like the 'zonal train'

Welcome to the North West thread, any input from anyone is greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

Posted

Will where's good around the glossop area to go take my dogs in the snow, I live in gee cross so not too far a drive for me. But I'm originally from Runcorn so I don't know anywhere. Cheers

"

Hi "robbo88" good dog walks near you. Brabyns park marple bridge,longendale trail, hadfield.The canal at woodley leading to romiley then goes onto marple locks. Charlesworth has loads aswel go up past the Gray mare pub. Up the hill and park on left walk is on the right.Another one is The trail up to the monument at gee cross used to be a pub at the end but was closed Down. Shame That's good dry walk next to golf coarse. The reservoirs at hadfield. Or bit further Lyme park. Fantastic place. Could probably think of some more if I really tried. All within quick driving distance and good spots for dogs,snow and sledging.

Edited by shelly 73
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi and welcome on board the north west roller coaster I look forward to reading your thoughts later:-)

Posted

Maybe a good time to take the car for a spin around Morrisons car park.

I don't think I'd get down the drive at the moment, little balls of ice on top of more ice, just want some real snow!

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing here. . Big fat flakes and sticking fast. Gritters dont come to our village so it will be help yourself to the grit bin in the morning.. sorry to everyone else who wants snow.

• Like 1

Posted

"

Hi "robin88" good dog walks near you.

Hey thanks, yeah I walk up to the senataph on werneth low, beautiful views and if I get the snow that will be my number 1 choice as i live on the bottom of it.

Here's my boy up there!

post-21944-0-46520400-1421446417_thumb.j

Edited by robbo88
  • Like 2

Posted

Just missing out on what appears to be a good blob of snow passing through central Cumbria, just to the south, but its promising, another blob 10 miles further south would deliver. Temps are still around 2 degrees surprisingly..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I don't think I'd get down the drive at the moment, little balls of ice on top of more ice, just want some real snow!

Hopefully there will be some of that by morning and plenty more in the coming days, just need things to go our way for once.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Othing much going on here. Hi hammy.

• Like 1

Posted

Hey thanks, yeah I walk up to the senataph on werneth low, beautiful views and if I get the snow that will be my number 1 choice as i live on the bottom of it.

Here's my boy up there!

Yeah it's great up there used to live near there and my horses where stabled next to the pub. Enjoy it!! great for weather watching, plane spotting and just a breath of fresh air.. and sledging whilst dog walking.Hope you get loads of the white stuff.

Edited by shelly 73
  • Like 1

Posted

Snowing here. . Big fat flakes and sticking fast. Gritters dont come to our village so it will be help yourself to the grit bin in the morning.. sorry to everyone else who wants snow.

Too polite..... Apologising for the fact you have snow? ✋â„ï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸

• Like 1

Just missing out on what appears to be a good blob of snow passing through central Cumbria, just to the south, but its promising, another blob 10 miles further south would deliver. Temps are still around 2 degrees surprisingly..

yes spotted that ,it'll keep cumbria marra and Liam happy !!..

Posted
Too polite..... Apologising for the fact you have snow? ✋â„ï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸[/quote

Lol. I'm willing to share our snow if that was possible..

• Like 1

Posted

Welcome. Just join in all views welcome, and as a student it would be remiss of me not to point out your use of lose/loose :) have a check

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Terrible  18z cold spell over by wed....no slider...instead of snowfest its a rainfest for all.....hope its an outlier or just plain wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

yes spotted that ,it'll keep cumbria marra and Liam happy !!..

im afraid not, it was just rain/sleet and hail

Posted

Winters over again in the model thread! Oh dear!

Anyway looking forward to snowy weekend followed by a cold week ahead!

• Like 4