Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Shame the uppers weren't -8 to -10, that must be very rare from a NW'ly...

Posted

the BBC graphics just then were very good for cumbria north of Whitehaven, showed snow even at the coast and had a stream of showers for about 2/3 hours, im actually in Workington tomorrow so hope i see some, certainly a better chance than egremont

here's hoping when was it forecast for

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I still live in hope and will wait and see.

My sentiments too, although I love the snow in the grand scheme of things it isn't a priority

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Tuesday showing 850s of minus 9 but virtually no ppn :(...

Bloody typical!! lol.... Always the way.  What will be will be.

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

your not the only one :cray:

0600 HOURS 0700 HOURS 0800 HOURS 0900 HOURS 1000 HOURS 1100 HOURS 1200 HOURS 1500 HOURS 1800 HOURS 2100 HOURS 0000 HOURS

SUN 0300 HOURS Weather Conditions 13.png 9.png 7.png 7.png 7.png 10.png 14.png 18.gif 24.gif 2.gif 7.gif 2.gif Temperature (°C) 4°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 2°C 1°C 0°C 0°C -1°C

Preston and Egremont (I am on the Fylde) Coastal - Coastal...!  - look to the East Marra...!!!! - its not too far a drive either :)

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Preston and Egremont (I am on the Fylde) Coastal - Coastal...!  - look to the East Marra...!!!! - its not too far a drive either :)

Ian

Its not the same as seeing snow falling in your back yard, id probably have to drive for about 30 minutes to see any snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Thought the winds had eased but it is gusty out there again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

So 7-10 days of cold and no PPN,oh dear I think many are in for a surprises. 

I would check out the 6-10 forecast on news 24 in 15mins and see what the METO think

Shame that so many knee jerking posts have spread into this thread from the MOD

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Hmmm the BBC can't make their mind up. The forecast is updating every hour. From this morning saying light snow all day Saturday, to sleet an hour ago, and now saying lots of snow all day.

Posted
Hmmm the BBC can't make their mind up. The forecast is updating every hour. From this morning saying light snow all day Saturday, to sleet an hour ago, and now saying lots of snow all day.[/quot

It's frustrating! Same for me! Just hoping that it sticks with the snowy Saturday it was showing!

Edited by cfallon

Posted

Hmmm the BBC can't make their mind up. The forecast is updating every hour. From this morning saying light snow all day Saturday, to sleet an hour ago, and now saying lots of snow all day.

It's frustrating! Same for me! Just hoping that it sticks with the snowy Saturday it was showing!

we can only hope Edited by swainclubber

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Obviously there is a lot of expectation in the threads at present and as downgrades appear, moods change but I think it is certain that we are heading into a spell of colder weather and some lucky people will see snow.

How much, and where it falls will be decided on the day but this is the UK and we seldom get nationwide snowfall so we will just have to accept what we end up with.

One thing is for sure though, although we will probably not end up with a 47. 63 or even 79, this winter is a million miles away from the dross of last winter.

• Like 2

Posted

BBC get it wrong all the time, and who can do better? no one really so be gracious, take wednesday morning for example the trough anticipated to cross Southern England, ended up in the English Channel. Livecasting & Radar + lamp post watching is all you need. Surprised by the deflation in here, brighten up. :)

• Like 1

Posted

BBC get it wrong all the time, and who can do better? no one really so be gracious, take wednesday morning for example the trough anticipated to cross Southern England, ended up in the English Channel. Livecasting & Radar + lamp post watching is all you need. Surprised by the deflation in here, brighten up. :)

where have I slated them?