Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So the wind at the moment will fizzle out a bit but pick up again in the morning? Dont like windy storms

Ay, this weather's boring, bring on the cold!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

What causes the rain to skip around Manchester area? I remember a similar scenario when Wales had that red warning for snow about 2 yr ago and the band of snow coming up from the South broke up around Manchester...It was so frustrating. Luckily this time we appear to be missing out on boring old rain

The rain shadow effect, from the Welsh Mountains probably.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog

Eh am I missing something?- I live less than a mile from some on here in bootle near to walton and crosby and the winds not that bad just a little puff no sign of gales yet and no rain-is it skirting around bootle for some reason?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog

On a different note I was working in clevedon on Monday and Tuesday and there was snow to the left and right but not there and I could just imagine the posts on their forum.....dejavu it never snows here we just get lots of rain why is it snowing there but not here wtc even the taxi driver said it just rains here loads of it we never get snow-sounds familiar?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Amazes me how a small area of mountains (UK definition) can alter the progress of weather systems thousands of feet higher.

It's not exactly the Andes lurking on the other side of the Conwy but the effect is similar.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Amazes me how a small area of mountains (UK definition) can alter the progress of weather systems thousands of feet higher.

It's not exactly the Andes lurking on the other side of the Conwy but the effect is similar.

it doesn't take much elevation to make the clouds dump their moisture. Has a similar effect from the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

haha this made me laugh.. +1 :D 

But totally true it's amazing how it impedes both wind and rain, from all directions, even north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Eh am I missing something?- I live less than a mile from some on here in bootle near to walton and crosby and the winds not that bad just a little puff no sign of gales yet and no rain-is it skirting around bootle for some reason?

It is raining here. Am sat in conservatory and can hear it on the roof. The gusts have died down a bit now. Do t know why you havent got any

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Pretty calm here also, just a breezy evening.

Posted

Wind making my lovely wood burner roar but very little in way of rain here thus far..... 5c! Tropical....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wind must have shifted very slightly as rain shadow virtually gone and it's getting through to us now

Yeah after an hour or so worrying that due to being in a rain shadow we may become dryer than the Atacami Desert, normal service is resumed.

Certain a wild night though.

Posted

My house is buried in the hill side so we are really sheltered but I can here it roaring in the trees on bank side lane above us

Posted

My house is buried in the hill side so we are really sheltered but I can here it roaring in the trees on bank side lane above us

We've probably got a few more hours of this before a temporary calm down tomorrow.

Then another batch of high winds will move across the region later in the day, possibly accompanied by snow so it could certainly be an interesting journey home from work tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Winds gusty at times here but really quite sheltered compared to coastal areas and those facing directly south.  Will probably see more action when Rachel stomps off tomorrow and winds turn more westerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Still raining here and is gusty