Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

very surprised that you managed that

Me too! Most of it melted today :(

Posted

lol,dream on boyo !!!.

If only dreams came true!! lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Been nearly 2 years since I had a decent snowfall and that was in spring, 23rd March 2013! Plenty of time left for some winter weather! :)

Wish this would happen again!!! 

attachicon.gifmarch1.jpgattachicon.gifmarch2.jpgattachicon.gifmarch3.jpgattachicon.gifmarch4.jpgattachicon.gifmarch5.jpg

Been nearly 2 years since I had a decent snowfall and that was in spring, 23rd March 2013! Plenty of time left for some winter weather! :)

attachicon.gifmarch1.jpgattachicon.gifmarch2.jpgattachicon.gifmarch3.jpgattachicon.gifmarch4.jpgattachicon.gifmarch5.jpg

Did you get any snow at home on that day?

Posted

Did you get any snow at home on that day?

Yes but not as much as in the pics that were taken near Keswick where I was staying at the time, that was a dream come true deep drifting snow! lol Certainly didn't look or feel like March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

nice to see you made the most of the snow machines !!!.

Damn it I've been sussed out.

Actually it was sunny and 22c but I got the Mocki mark 2 snow machine out after I'd put the mower away.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
And a snowy, almost deserted Morrisons car park, even the boy racers weren't out.

post-9027-0-73237300-1421871964_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted

Any more to come tonight?

It's still snowing lightly here but I think it'll stop shortly.

Possibly some frost overnight then a dry day forecast tomorrow.

Friday is forecast to be a wet day and milder so no doubt all of my snow will melt although if it goes quickly I'd expect a full River Irwell heading down towards Manchester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder and more snow

Going to dry shampoo my hair so I can run my hands through and create my own personal snow storm....... bet even that will be a non event and won't stick!

• Like 6

Posted
Amazing. Altitude everything in this set up.

Can you recommend and simple walks in the Rossendale area.[/

Plenty of decent walking in the Rossendale Valley and surrounding moorlands and most of them can be started by parking in the various valley towns.

It depends what you want to do but as good as any would be park at Owd Betts pub on the A680 between Edenfield and Rochdale and walk up to the Scout Moor Wind Farm.

Probably about 2 miles to the summit but there are many miles of decent track between the turbines and, on a clear day the view extends from the Peak District across to the Welsh Mountains and the several million people in between.

• Like 1

Posted

Back to tumbleweed central on here soon :(....

Yeah but never mind, you'll soon be away on holiday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Thank God I was in Lanzarote that week as in Penrith we had 1cm that had melted by lunchtime!

Normally Penrith is a lot snowier than South West Cumbria, clearly not that year!

Are you located near Millom?

Andy

Posted

A real pity yesterday's front stalled out in the Irish Sea as there was a lot of precipitation on it, had it made it here then we would have been covered in inches of the stuff, alas we managed a 2cms just about.

Unfortunately temps of 2 degrees today quickly turned much of the snow very wet and we have only a patchy cover on coldest ground.. fields and low hills still white though.

Good example of impact of height on snowfall line today, there was no cover in Kendal at 50 metres and a distinct snowline at around 80-90 metres. I travelled to Sedbergh lunchtime and the freezing level was around 280 metres at junction 37 of M6 with a crisp frozen cover.

We were not far off a very decent snowfall yesterday, but things didn't quite go right. I always say the best snowfalls are the 'surprise ones', just like what the Peak District and parts of Yorkshire have experienced today.

• Like 2

Posted

No snow melt over night, just managed to get down the drive without totalling the car, luckily it was not too icy.

Driving in you can really see how altitude played such a big part yesterday as snow depth really decreases as you drop down from 1000 ft asl to 200 ft asl in Bury where there is nothing.

Posted

No snow melt over night, just managed to get down the drive without totalling the car, luckily it was not too icy.

Driving in you can really see how altitude played such a big part yesterday as snow depth really decreases as you drop down from 1000 ft asl to 200 ft asl in Bury where there is nothing.

Yeah nothing at all around Salford\Manc CC but it is a lovely crisp fresh morning!

Glad you managed to avoid damaging your car! :)

Posted

Cold and frosty morning, currently -1.5c. 

Posted

Managed 1 last walk in the snow with my dogs this morning. Managed 5 days in a row, 4 of them had snow falling.

Only had 1cm imby. But I'm lucky enough to live at the bottom of a 279m (just googled it) hill.

So all in all it's not been a bad cold spell for me :)

Edited by robbo88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Gone very dark here and still cold but i dont believe anythungs happening now weatherwise, anythung exciting i mean?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snow on the ground since last Friday, five days where I've seen falling snow, a reasonable winter snap for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its sunny on one side here and the sky is black on the other but looks snowy?? And its still cold here, unless its rain moving in but doesnt feel like it, looks like a thinderstorm

Well theres no ppn on raintoday at all, just wishful thinking then lol

• Like 1