North West England - Weather chat

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?! It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.

Snow this morning in Saddleworth.......will there be more on Tue/ Weds??

Hello follow north westerners, I'm just south of the city of Preston ( Walton Le dale) I've been watching the forum for a couple a years, but never posted but trying to understand what is going on, th

Posted Images

Well after much excitement and a bit of snizzle we got nothing nada zilch and, I have just been on a train journey from Liverpool to coventry and seen no snow either apart from a few small dustings in stafford so I wonder who did get snow probably fewer than the met office predicted

After snizzle yesterday evening, sleet/rain overnight and light sleet this morning, we are currently getting a respectable fall of the biggest snowflakes I've seen in years. The biggest must be 3cms wide.

Yeah you can see it right over oldham http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Sometimes i wish i never moved from oldham lol, i remember the huge drifts of snow on me way over from shaw to royton over camt remember the name now coming from high crompton way and down doghouse road is it?

I remember getting stuck at my friends house for couple o days, I think it was the mumps
hmmm the precip seems to be back building, so could be here for a lil while yet. met suggests til evening for my area[/quot

So much for the one light snow shower they had me down for!

hmmm the precip seems to be back building, so could be here for a lil while yet. met suggests til evening for my area[/quot

So much for the one light snow shower they had me down for!

haha yeah

Light snow..... Just been out with recycling..... Suprisingly where grassy areas and areas with saturdays snow are 5-6cm..... Where its been cleared icy.... But damp..... Just had roofalanche in back garden now too..... Getting milder 1c dew 0c....

Edited by Will Padz

There is a rumor there is another cold spell may be coming in next few weeks according to the MOD thread. I don't know whether it verify or not, its a strong possibly it won't probably.

Most of the lying snow from last night and Saturday night has all melted. Only bits left here. :(

Couldn't care less how much precipitation comes over now. The temperature is 2C, as is the DEWPOINT. What a bloody total let down. Met office issued a warning for what, drizzle?

American Sniper however was amazing and I urge everyone to go watch it!

Funny how you're all berating the MetO, when they said that accumulations to lower levels would be a struggle. SM the great was expecting amber warnings to be issued, I don't see any finger pointing towards him. :)

• Like 3