Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

North West England - Weather chat

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?! It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.

Snow this morning in Saddleworth.......will there be more on Tue/ Weds??

Hello follow north westerners, I'm just south of the city of Preston ( Walton Le dale) I've been watching the forum for a couple a years, but never posted but trying to understand what is going on, th

Posted Images

Posted

BBC weather app really isn't the best place to go right now - look at the radar, then out the window :)

Yup, with you on that one! I always say the best snow is snow that's not forecasted!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It's dying :(....

The ppn doesnt seem to be on the net-wx radar? you can see the second front behind catching up too! It's hard to work out what direction the ppn is heading in, I was worried it was going too far north, but it's due to pivot. However an area of ppn over Nottingham currently seems to be heading towards Manchester area. Lots of ppn around, certainly hasn't died to the extent many thought it would (so far at least!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy drifting snow

met radar has it fragmenting over our region , showers rather than persistent snow I think

according to weathercast radar online , it should be snowing/sleeting over most of Liverpool right now, it does seem to be losing intensity slightly and also breaking up , looks almost like there is a huge clump of ppn that is trying to go in two different directions, if that is the case then I think majority of Lancs are between those two directions , thus majority of us likely to miss the best of what this front has to offer!

Posted

Midlands thread full of snow reports so marginality shouldn't be an issue at least at this stage of the night.

Agreed there is a clump of ppn right over Midlands heading directly for us at the moment.. seems to be falling as snow. 2oC and dewpoints of -4oC in Manchester currently! The maon front (and the second one catching up behind) don't appear to be heading east yet, more NE direction, will be fun seeing where it ends up (hopefully over us ALL!) Some heavy ppn still around and I really can't see it fizzling out on net-wx radar at least.

• Like 1
    Posted

Looks like we have a better chance of catching that Midlands band in an hour/hour and a half tbh

Edited by Snowy L
    • Like 1
    Posted

Agreed there is a clump of ppn right over Midlands heading directly for us at the moment.. seems to be falling as snow. 2oC and dewpoints of -4oC in Manchester currently! The maon front (and the second one catching up behind) don't appear to be heading east yet, more NE direction, will be fun seeing where it ends up (hopefully over us ALL!) Some heavy ppn still around and I really can't see it fizzling out on net-wx radar at least.

Yes your right mate. what time are we looking at for Manchester?

Posted

Yes your right mate. what time are we looking at for Manchester?

The net-wx radar has that area over midlands reaching Manchester just after 7pm, its falling as snow according to radar. We want the main bulk of ppn in Irish sea, and the second front catching up, to head directly over us too though! Currently doesn't seem to be heading this way, eeks. Due to pivot though, so that's not for sure. Will keep radar watching!

Edited by i luv snow
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Looks like we will only get a little bit, big clump is missing us although theres more behind it? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

I am waiting on friend as to whether they will be available for a holiday pre-booked for Feb 2nd.

Given my track record of bad luck re missing snow, this is the best weather forecasting tool possible

Should he be available and I go expect severe cold and snow for the period. Should it fall through - it's zonal I'm afraid.  :p

GFS ensembles seem to be sniffing a potent Northerly spell around that time though.

Edited by Mucka
    • Like 1
    Posted

Afternoon all... Lurker here.

Tonight is a great chance to test the SE'ly Manchester snow shadow effect.

Experience tells me that when the wind is from the SE, you will struggle to see lying snow in Manchester, no matter which path the precipitation is coming from! Wish I was more experienced to explain the physics behind it.

Fingers crossed :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

This is far best the friendliest regional thread on here, just been reading through others, midlands with snow but not same feel as here, we would be going nuts in here with heavy snow or any snowflake for that mayter! :lol:

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Sky turning an orangeish colour. I was expecting the snow around 8pm

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This is far best the friendliest regional thread on here, just been reading through others, midlands with snow but not same feel as here, we would be going nuts in here with heavy snow or any snowflake for that mayter! :lol:

I love you dude.  :yahoo:

Edited by SP1986
    • Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I'm in liverpool City centre no precipitation all day. Feels bitter though.

PPN heading in a weird direction. Can't work out where the hell it's going. But there's a low behind it, so it looks like it'll move past the region, leaving a covering, and then come back to add to it further.

• Like 3
    Posted

The net-wx radar has that area over midlands reaching Manchester just after 6pm, its falling as snow according to radar. We want the main bulk of ppn in Irish sea, and the second front catching up, to head directly over us too though! Currently doesn't seem to be heading this way, eeks. Due to pivot though, so that's not for sure. Will keep radar watching!

The net-wx radar has that area over midlands reaching Manchester just after 6pm, its falling as snow according to radar. We want the main bulk of ppn in Irish sea, and the second front catching up, to head directly over us too though! Currently doesn't seem to be heading this way, eeks. Due to pivot though, so that's not for sure. Will keep radar watching!

yes me too lol

yes me too lol

what part of MANC r u from mate? I am in Hyde se MAN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'm in liverpool City centre no precipitation all day. Feels bitter though.

PPN heading in a weird direction. Can't work out where the hell it's going. But there's a low behind it, so it looks like it'll move past the region, leaving a covering, and then come back to add to it further.

The cloud has been consistently broken here, it look more solid to the east. No sign as yet, of any snow bearing cloud, just a game of waiting I think.

• Like 1
    Posted

The cloud has been consistently broken here, it look more solid to the east. No sign as yet, of any snow bearing cloud, just a game of waiting I think.

It's a complex low this. If the met office aren't confident enough to call this even 3 hours away, then what chance do we have? Haha!

That lot behind the system is showers by the way, for those asking. Isn't part of this front and won't make it across Ireland.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

I just been out for a walk and the sky looks clear????  Absolutely freezing cold  !

• Like 1
    Posted

Some forecasts saying ziltch some saying 10-15cm..... Peak district forecast update says snow all day tomorrow!

Posted

I just been out for a walk and the sky looks clear????  Absolutely freezing cold  !

Good! The lower the temperature the better!

Dewpoints around the region are well into sub-zero figures. Not a problem with this, it'll be snow all the way. It's just the precipitation that's bothering me!