Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

i dont know what to make of this situation to be honest...so many different opinions...met still have my area down for heavy snow tue night into wednesday...gonna go down to the wire i think.

Yeah there will be big regional variations as well. One place might get light sleet while another 10 miles away gets heavy snow.

It is a guessing game TBH.

• Like 1

Posted

I have very light snow again right now, not worth having really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Euro4 has it making progress inland slower. To be fair if the event isn't until tomorrow night the warning doesn't need to be till tomorrow morning. Sure it's only us weather geeks that actually pay attention to them anyway.

Note the big "snow hole" over South Manchester  :nonono:

Here is the updated 12z

Looks like the main ppn is now going to North Wales :( lighter and fragmented for NW England

15012106_1912.gif

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I can't wait for spring and the lighter nights :D

• Like 1

Posted

Hey look, this little shortwave looks more developed on latest ECM. Too far SW for us i guess but might give a nice surprise snowfall to SW.

ECM1-24.GIF?19-0

On JMA 12z again the main ppn doesn't get very far NE so looks like N Wales will do very well. 

J36-594.GIF?19-12

Edited by Mucka

Posted

Same hole appears on the gfs as well lol......

Naturally. It is all you can expect from a place up North where the likes of Bristol has many more snow days and much better snowfall. :sorry:

Posted

Naturally. It is all you can expect from a place up North where the likes of Bristol has many more snow days and much better snowfall. :sorry:

Can't understand why your area misses out so much..

Posted

Can't understand why your area misses out so much..

Me neither. I've never been able to explain how it can be so localised as for other low lying areas further West/South/North and East can have lying snow within a 15 mile radius. We do get decent falls as well but 9/10 if it is marginal we will suffer first. 

Surprised nobody has picked up on that enhanced shortwave on ECM 24h output in the MO thread - it would be buzzing if it was in the SE.

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 1

Posted

Bbc weather just looked promising for tomorrow night. Lots of sleet/snow

• Like 2

Posted

Bbc weather just looked promising for tomorrow night. Lots of sleet/snow

That's cheered me up but the graphics are hard to interpret usually.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The BBC is just updated and showing snow for here. It even showing snow for Leyland bit lower down than here. This is an upgrade!! :D

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted

Sky looks snowy out.... Real orange hue.... -3 dew -5c..... Slightest of dustings over iced up areas this afternoon.... Looking promising for snow, how much is all up in the air.... Im sure most will at least see falling snow, lying snow? Think met will put out warning tomorrow if not for ice some snow like the warnings currently for ni n scotland.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

actually pretty confident of seeing snow falling tomorrow, not confident that it will stick and will probably change from snow to sleet to rain back to snow etc

• Like 1

Posted

Why can't we be stuck under that stalled band in Ireland?

Does anyone know why NI are so much more snowier than us?

You would think less so being it is an even smaller land mass.

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Darren Betts forecast (latest of the press this forecast) is a stonker but have they seen the EURO 4 latest, usually the graphic is off that model, got a feeling the forecasts will change and downgrad the next time they are updated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

This is as far East as anything gets on the EURO 4.

15012106_1912.gif

Posted

Darren Betts forecast (latest of the press this forecast) is a stonker but have they seen the EURO 4 latest, usually the graphic is off that model, got a feeling the forecasts will change and downgrad the next time they are updated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

This is as far East as anything gets on the EURO 4.

15012106_1912.gif

Yeah but those graphics are meaningless and the forecast for Ireland is very different to what I see right now on radar.

20p.png

I mean compare that to the forecast and graphic for Ireland.  :unknw:

And also rain graphic for whole of West Ireland and saying snow reserved for more Eastern parts but here is Salthill webcam on the Western coast!

http://www.seapointleisure.ie/index.php?page=webcam

Just shows how inaccurate even the latest forecasts can be not matching actual reality.

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Here we go - here's Dianne

Edited by Miamay
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Yeah but those graphics are meaningless and the forecast for Ireland is very different to what I see right now on radar.

20p.png

I mean compare that to the forecast and graphic for Ireland.  :unknw:

And also rain graphic for whole of West Ireland and saying snow reserved for more Eastern parts but here is Salthill webcam on the Western coast!

http://www.seapointleisure.ie/index.php?page=webcam

Just shows how inaccurate even the latest forecasts can be not matching actual reality.

Of course what you see now on the forecasts compared to the radar tomorrow will be very different as well, of course its only a guide and probably the reason its different is because of uncertainty.

Posted

Mild mild diane was quite good.... Although graphics she stopped at 5pm tomorrow.... Said snow for many .....and mentioned glossop! ( and marple too) â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

We been updated on bbc weather now too for some snow tues night into wednesday. My parents in Donegal have light snow falling at the moment. They supposed to be getting up to 3 cm more overnight

Edited by Miamay
  • Like 1