Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Radar shows snow down south midlands pivoting and heading nw....getting heavier too.... Next hour and it should be here....

2cm so far and its still snowing lightly....

Posted

Barely 1cm out of a projected 15cm here, hard to see where the other 14cm is going to come from unless the low rapidly fills in.

Posted

I really think people are jumping the gun here & being quite frankly hysterical, precip is pivoting & will affect the region over night, I expect quite a wide area to have a covering by morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

raintoday radar has performed poorly tonight, right now it has moderate ppn over me but its actually very light, still sleet too.

Posted

I really think people are jumping the gun here & being quite frankly hysterical, precip is pivoting & will affect the region over night, I expect quite a wide area to have a covering by morning.

Fingers crossed!!! Patience is the key!!

Edited by NW_Blackburn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Radar shows snow down south midlands pivoting and heading nw....getting heavier too.... Next hour and it should be here....

2cm so far and its still snowing lightly....

Except its rain down there no doubt it will be snow over the Peak District though :)

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

I'd be happy with 1cm...if you want to see heavy snow check out the road cams along the M1 around Nottingham on the BBC Travel site, quite impressive...

• Like 1

Posted

The only thing that's stalled tonight is that band in the Irish sea, what a waste, 6hrs just sat there shame it wasn't over the North West.  Peak District might do well, but it's all very messy in most low lying areas.  Time for some shuteye see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 1

Posted

I'd be happy with 1cm...if you want to see heavy snow check out the road cams along the M1 around Nottingham on the BBC Travel site, quite impressive...

Looks bad around Mansfield

Posted

mmm.. the model thread was quite entertaining for once... a homage to the great Rob Mcelwee and a rather dubious looking chart.  Anyway F1 seems to throw up some more potent north westerlies...

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Couldn't care less how much precipitation comes over now. The temperature is 2C, as is the DEWPOINT. What a bloody total let down. Met office issued a warning for what, drizzle?

American Sniper however was amazing and I urge everyone to go watch it!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder and more snow

Couldn't care less how much precipitation comes over now. The temperature is 2C, as is the DEWPOINT. What a bloody total let down. Met office issued a warning for what, drizzle?

American Sniper however was amazing and I urge everyone to go watch it!

Looking forward to that one, I always end up being overly critical on these types of movie though and get disheartened at the silly little things, stupid I know! Give me my trust l96 over this snow hope any day! Off to bed to count sheep made of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Looking forward to that one, I always end up being overly critical on these types of movie though and get disheartened at the silly little things, stupid I know! Give me my trust l96 over this snow hope any day! Off to bed to count sheep made of snow

It was amazing. So much respect was paid at the end of the movie. Even when it finished, EVERYONE was in complete and utter silence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Moderate snow again but it's struggling to stick. Hope proper heavy stuff comes our way, that might help.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Moderate snow again but it's struggling to stick. Hope proper heavy stuff comes our way, that might help.

Yeah Just over the hill from you we had moderate snow from 8-9pm didn't appear to stick much in Shaw before it died off. Then just walking home to Sholver/ Moorside it kicked in again. We've had about another 2 cm added to what we already had from the weekend. As you say, wish we'd had the really heavy stuff which covers gritted roads :)

From an Imby (5 ft drifts) point of view I would say a dissappointing winter so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Yeah Just over the hill from you we had moderate snow from 8-9pm didn't appear to stick much in Shaw before it died off. Then just walking home to Sholver/ Moorside it kicked in again. We've had about another 2 cm added to what we already had from the weekend. As you say, wish we'd had the really heavy stuff which covers gritted roads :)

From an Imby (5 ft drifts) point of view I would say a dissappointing winter so far.

Yes but better than the last at least!