Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

will believe it when i see it . if theres something that can happen to change it i am sure it will, still doesn't ring true to me despite me insisting the met office are usually the most accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

17hrs of snow!post-19090-0-16094000-1421697974_thumb.jpost-19090-0-85425500-1421697994_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

You missed it last night pal, it snowed enough to dampen my bin lid about 5.30,! Kids were out in the street doing some strange dance, dogs were frightend like bonfire night..complete chaos. Then it stopped.

really ! Had no idea

Posted

Ah crap at 6am its gona sleet.

Posted

Just read something about the snow stalling over Ireland atm, this might not go as planned for us :(

Just read something about the snow stalling over Ireland atm, this might not go as planned for us :(

DOnt worry about details now, it's not even set to be here until tomorrow rush hour time.

Albeit, it will split and miss our region giving small falls to Cumbria and Wales... :nonono::fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

really ! Had no idea

Yep, dont know about you but see this as one of those set ups where we will see snow falling but not sticking despite ground being dry before hand, wintry day but no fun, although a lot of that would depend on when it got here, if we have a couple of hours darkeness first the ground would cool significantly, what do you reckon? Nonsense, we know its gonna rain lol?

Posted

17hrs of snow!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Word of caution though, I had this showing on Saturday...

post-727-0-94670600-1421698507_thumb.jpg

and up until about 7pm it was all mostly rain/sleet... eventually it came off for the hours 9pm-1am and it was snow during that period which left a covering....

Posted

Think some peeps need to take a chill pill! It will snow for most parts tomorrow but it won't be snowmagedon!

Edited by cfallon
  • Like 2

Posted

MetO app updated at 19:00

2 hours of heavy snow replaced with light snow for tomorrow..

The slide downhill has begun

just not on a sledge

Posted

Think some peeps need to take a chill pill! It will snow for most parts tomorrow but it won't be snowmagedon!

more like nomagedon ;)
  • Like 1

Posted
For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?!

It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.[/quot

Agreed! Can't be doing will it won't it my app says this my app saays that! Throw your app out the window!

Posted

For goodness sake, will people stop hanging on to every nuance of what some silly app says?!

It will be down to the here and now when it gets here.

It's the BBC web site which get their info from the MO so hoping its partially accurate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

App has light snow here not to surprising mind as the wind direction is a south easterly

South easterly is a good thing though, south westerly would up the dew points and we would end up with a Saturday again which was a let down for most, 850's aren't great so we need all the help we can get to get snow, and that means cooling the air below 850 height (roughly cloud level or 1.5km up, whichever you prefer) as much as we can. Best to expect the worst but hope for the best

Edited by Nicholas B
  • Like 2

Posted

It's the BBC web site which get their info from the MO so hoping its partially accurate.

Most forecast apps are computer generated with no human modification, not to be taken seriously. 

Posted

Upgraded to 6 hours of snow and 4 hours of sleet here, not bad

post-20773-0-23274500-1421699359_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Yep, dont know about you but see this as one of those set ups where we will see snow falling but not sticking despite ground being dry before hand, wintry day but no fun, although a lot of that would depend on when it got here, if we have a couple of hours darkeness first the ground would cool significantly, what do you reckon? Nonsense, we know its gonna rain lol?

Still not sure really. Forecast has changed so much today almost every hr or so. Still remember a few years ago when the snow came up from the sw and managed to work its way round us it even snowed in southport kirkham and blackpool then. If it starts after dark we may get a covering, obviously all depends on temp and intensity and thats assuming it gets here in the first place !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Meto gives me a mix of sleet and snow starting 3pm tomorrow and ending 12pm wednesday

Posted

Example - bbc weather app had me down for a full day of heavy snow on Saturday! I had a few brief moderate showers until 8pm it was only over night that I got a covering so if you take an app and believe it to the endth degree then you will be disappointed! The best app is your eyes and what's happening outside! Some of the very best snow I have ever had here had not been forecast to be as bad as forecasted! Tomorrow is very much a nowcast event!

Ps - use an app as a guide not as gospel!

Edited by cfallon