Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Latest NMM forecast is a definite upgrade for our local with snow away from the coastal strips, can we have this one please!   

Hmm interesting .... would be nice if that came off.

Ha Ha........ All Hail NMM

All hail ... i thought he said snow ......

I'll get my coat

Posted

Moderate/heavy snow here 6 miles west of Manchester-nothing showing on radar? wtf?

• Like 1

Posted

Lunchtime forecaster said of course there will be more warnings issued keep checking our website..... The front could stall over the midlands and there could be significant snow.....

Looks quite dark cloud towards manchester....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1

Posted

Lunchtime forecaster said of course there will be more warnings issued keep checking our website..... The front could stall over the midlands and there could be significant snow.....

Looks quite dark cloud towards manchester....

nothing like that from our local news   brilliant news if right 

Posted

nothing like that from our local news   brilliant news if right

That was on main bbc lunchtime weather.... Ten minutes until local forecast.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Hey hey hey light snow falling South Manchester, first real flakes of the winter. Totally unexepected as nothing was showing on radar and it "pooped up"

Doesn't look much on radar though so probably a brief shower but I'll take it!

Back tot he sneaky window watch.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Nothing but sun here in bootle boo hoo!

• Like 1

Posted

Local weather..... Cold tonight.... Cloud increases tomorrow afternoon with snow above 300m but maybe a dusting on low ground.... ? â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Hey hey hey light snow falling South Manchester, first real flakes of the winter. Totally unexepected as nothing was showing on radar and it "pooped up"

Doesn't look much on radar though so probably a brief shower but I'll take it!

Back tot he sneaky window watch.

whats your thoughts on tommorow mucka, are we finally gonna get some proper snow or yet another letdown.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Local weather..... Cold tonight.... Cloud increases tomorrow afternoon with snow above 300m but maybe a dusting on low ground.... ? â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

I'm fully expecting snizzle here. This slider  is looking like a bit of a none event if MetO are on the money.

Posted

whats your thoughts on tommorow mucka, are we finally gonna get some proper snow or yet another letdown.

Hi CS, as above really, at least for my location. might get a little sleety snow and patchy light rain. Anywhere further North with some height should get a few CM but nothing like the depths discussed in the MO thread IMO, 10 and 15cm have been mentioned there. I would go less than that. Oddly we may do better Wednesday if the front stalls and pivots as there will be colder draw again by then with the associated warm sectors vanquished. 

I say that based on everything being so marginal Tuesday for DP's to 850's right down to even the amount of ppn and the fact MetO have never been keen on asnow event, always mentioning rain/sleet snow and "snow on hills"

I think it is better to have low expectations though as anything will be an unexpected bonus for me.

• Like 2

Posted

Very light snow/ snizzle..... Frozen flakes that you can individually make out as they land.... Defined crystal structures... Shows how cold the air is....

Bbc news forecast just now.... Possible some significant snow somewhere pointing to the pennines.....

Posted

Mucka, your "up yours" comment was highly amusing, but I am in agreement here, I don't believe this front will do much, I expect it to fizzle, then split from N. Wales to Cumbria leaving the middle to snizzle.

Well yeah I had lost the plot by then (chatting in PM as well)

All resolved happily now though :)

I get frustrated in the MO thread so have decide to stay clear. I'm an opinionated so and so and say what I think which doesn't win many up votes I'm afraid :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It seems even more random showers are popping up on the radar.

Convection, but from what ?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Moisture from the North Sea. Can see clearly on the radar exactly where the moisture is coming from. Showers becoming reinvigorated as they leave the Pennines, then die a quick death.