Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

They have for N Ireland, don't think we'll get one as the forecast I just saw on the BBC had a weak weather front and mainly rain across the region for both events.

class

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

The below charts illustrate my point further, with the cold mix in, I expect precipitation(albeit light) to fall as snow, this trend has continued now for about 7 consecutive runs I believe, so yes, the precip maybe light, but it would still fall as snow, accumulations very possible

post-18571-0-36070800-1421588266_thumb.j

post-18571-0-41124400-1421588339_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Sleeting here in Nantwich, not rain, not snow but proper sleet! Come at the flippin' warmest part of the day too!!!

People talk about 2010 etc being perfect but this happened SO many times back then, brilliant uppers and dew points (and below freezing temps) yet still sleet!  You really have to laugh! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Looks like that's it for the rest of today. Now hope for snow on Tuesday/Wednesday.

The models better be upgrading though.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The below charts illustrate my point further, with the cold mix in, I expect precipitation(albeit light) to fall as snow, this trend has continued now for about 7 consecutive runs I believe, so yes, the precip maybe light, but it would still fall as snow, accumulations very possible

attachicon.gifcold.jpg

attachicon.gifcold4.jpg

looks crap for a lot of us (coastal)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

some precipitation went through before.. started as heavy rain.. turned to sleet before reverting back to rain and clearing

Posted

looks crap for a lot of us (coastal)

Coastal ares generally aren't great spots for wintry weather, having said that what i was trying to make the point of is that the general trend. The trend being that as the event closes into the reliable time frame the marginality issues are being upgraded, hopefully the 12z carry on this trend and the coastal areas are involved into the fun and games.

Frustraing yes, but im only trying to give a guidance on what the charts are saying

If i could have it my way this country would be covered in feet of snow for the whole of winter! Unfortunately unless the gulf stream stops that isn't likely, so we just take what is on offer! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Surprisingly even though on the radar it's the lightest of light precipitation, the snow is coming down moderately again albeit very fine stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

0.5C here, gonna be a cold one tonight if the cloud clears. Unlikely right now with that low ruining things in the North Sea, feeding in cloud.

Posted

Coastal ares generally aren't great spots for wintry weather, having said that what i was trying to make the point of is that the general trend. The trend being that as the event closes into the reliable time frame the marginality issues are being upgraded, hopefully the 12z carry on this trend and the coastal areas are involved into the fun and games.

Frustraing yes, but im only trying to give a guidance on what the charts are saying

If i could have it my way this country would be covered in feet of snow for the whole of winter! Unfortunately unless the gulf stream stops that isn't likely, so we just take what is on offer! 

Ye i just said that incase a newbie gets the wrong impression that they'll get snow even at the coast, you said you expect the ppn to fall as snow but thats only for inland and above 100M really.

Posted

Ye i just said that incase a newbie gets the wrong impression that they'll get snow even at the coast, you said you expect the ppn to fall as snow but thats only for inland and above 100M really.

Point taken  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

1c here, we had a few short sharp bursts of hail/graupel earlier this morning with quite sunny intervals.

It's now clouded over a bit more. Temp in my car at 7.30am was showing -5c, doors where frozen shut,

the roads where treacherous, a lot of black ice and even on the main ones.

I've seen a lot of gritters out on the roads and a few accidents.

Posted

Was snowing lightly, but not sticking. In gee cross hyde where I live. Less than 5 minutes through hattersley where the snow thickened and got to mottram where it is still snowing now to this...

post-21944-0-66228700-1421591488_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Snow nearly all melted even though it's not gone above freezing. Sun is coming out now we have a little bit of slush and is still white on the grass and the roofs. Can't see there being enough before the freeze tonight but cant see us having any left over which is upsetting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nice sunny skies this afternoon, chilly northerly breeze though, 3.4c DP -2c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just a little thaw here. The sun is about to set and the temperatures soon start to tumble here very quickly. All the melt water here will soon re-freeze.

Edited by pip22

Posted

The wind here is very bone-chilling here.

• Like 1