Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Could have done without this latest spell of snow which has turned to wet sleet and will be turning last nights snowfalls into slush. Time to head for the hills.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It just started to turn to snow! And then we ran out of precipitation :(
0.4C, few flakes falling.

Ah! There we go, moderate snow falling. Beautiful :D

• Like 1

Posted

It's a shame we didn't have all this yesterday and we would have feet not inches- all gone through now and will no doubt freeze!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Those precipitation charts were spot on with this decaying band of snow for around lunchtime. Some fluffy light snow falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

moderate snow here aswell  :cold:

Nice to see that the uppers have finally arrived! even though its only going to be a short lived shower, its still lovely to look out the window and see that white stuff! 

Winter is here! and with the models delaying the breakdown run by run it can only be good news!

My thoughts on the general picture is that if the trend continues for a slow break down, it can only help the chances of prolonged cold in the coming weeks, tuesday and weds are looking good for this region. And in the relams of FI pointing towards possible sliders and maybe a beasterly... :bomb:  I for one think that winter is not over...

We shall see what the 12z brings... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny or snow

And in walton Le dale we have nothing, i watched in belief that earlier band break up around Preston, a little rain shower is all we got

Posted

And in walton Le dale we have nothing, i watched in belief that earlier band break up around Preston, a little rain shower is all we got

Hi coolcamper

Crikey, is the Preston area one of the worst places for snowfall in the NW? Every report from that area I see is rain and virtually never snow.

Incidentally, it seems the problems we had yesterday with snowfall for parts of our region is now affecting parts of NE England,

Posted

Not as many showers as yesterday doing nothing interesting atm.

Met office have no warnings out for us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

And there it goes. I'm not expecting anything from Tuesday or Wednesday, looks marginal and complicated, a recipe for bitter disappointment! So keep your hopes low everyone.

• Like 1

Posted

Just on my way for a pint, wind seems to be coming from a more northerly direction.feel cold too.. Few flurries coming down.. Still got a descent covering

post-9498-0-88847400-1421587414_thumb.jp

post-9498-0-31035500-1421587436_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The people in the far north of England thread seems to moan about the snow didn't come and instead they having sleet/rain instead. They like us yesterday when we moaning about the weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

And there it goes. I'm not expecting anything from Tuesday or Wednesday, looks marginal and complicated, a recipe for bitter disappointment! So keep your hopes low everyone.

Can understand your caution... but I have a feeling that as the higher resolution models get into a the reliable time frame then we could see some upgrades when they start to factor in surface cold etc, just a thought! I could be wrong but that's the fun of it all! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Getting quite concerned met office have not issued any warnings for tue yet

They have for N Ireland, don't think we'll get one as the forecast I just saw on the BBC had a weak weather front and mainly rain across the region for both events.

Posted

Snowing again, just when I thought it was done for the day

Just on my way for a pint, wind seems to be coming from a more northerly direction.feel cold too.. Few flurries coming down.. Still got a descent covering

don't drink too much as it looks very slippy out there ;)

• Like 1