Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

still raining, no wintriness mixed in whatsoever as i can see it on the skylight window. :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

For much of the night I could hear a gentle drip, drip but the temperature dropped as sunrise came and it's now -1.4c and probably still falling slowly.

The early misty gloom is clearing to brighter conditions arrive so it's looking like a nice day is on the cards, possibly with the bonus of a snow shower.

Posted

What the hell was this? 2.04 and 2.06 Looks like a roll cloud but the way it tracks across seems to go against the flow. I wonder what caused it?

Fascinating to see that video.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

think its the first time i've experienced freezing rain though

Posted

finally some sleet mixed in

What the hell was this? 2.04 and 2.06 Looks like a roll cloud but the way it tracks across seems to go against the flow. I wonder what caused it?

That is weird! Could be something to do with the clear skies shortly before it, possibly some kind of radiation fog...but who knows why it's moving in the wrong direction!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well it was zero degrees and frosty a few hours ago, now it's 2c and a bit wet. Looks like a downgrade of the snow next week with more in the way of rain expected to lower levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

For much of the night I could hear a gentle drip, drip but the temperature dropped as sunrise came and it's now -1.4c and probably still falling slowly.

The early misty gloom is clearing to brighter conditions arrive so it's looking like a nice day is on the cards, possibly with the bonus of a snow shower.

I didn't hear no drip, finished snowing about midnight and straight into clear skies and frozen, winter wonderland now, tree branches still white.

Posted

Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, all melting now.

waaaaaat? nowt in egremont, i think your about 50M higher up, omg why

Posted

Looks like a downgrade of the snow next week with more in the way of rain expected to lower levels.

It wouldn't surprise me if the coming week is drier than we think it will be, whatever falls. Not convinced that Tuesday's system will bring much if any. I suspect it will largely die out over or to the west of our region,

• Like 1

Posted

waaaaaat? nowt in egremont, i think your about 50M higher up, omg why

Yes I've just checked, I'm at 97m asl

Posted

Nice to read all those snow reports sadly I've nothing to add other than its very icy from yesterday's melted snow but the fell tops look like they've got a decent covering. I'll have walk up to Tottridge later this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

An area of ppn currently moving south into our region, falling as snow according to NW radar. It's 0oC in Manchester with freezing fog.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I didn't hear no drip, finished snowing about midnight and straight into clear skies and frozen, winter wonderland now, tree branches still white.

We've got the snow but the cold was a bit late arriving.

Looks like it will be damn cold tonight though, coldest night of the winter I'd imagine.

• Like 3

Posted

It wouldn't surprise me if the coming week is drier than we think it will be, whatever falls. Not convinced that Tuesday's system will bring much if any. I suspect it will largely die out over or to the west of our region,

Well if the risk of rain has increased then it can die out before it gets here! We'll see. Tricky forecast this week and very marginal between rain & snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well if the risk of rain has increased then it can die out before it gets here! We'll see. Tricky forecast this week and very marginal between rain & snow.

I think it will be marginal further south, but not for us. As long as the ppn.makes it, we should be fine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

We've got the snow but the cold was a bit late arriving.

Looks like it will be damn cold tonight though, coldest night of the winter I'd imagine.

Yes, coldest night for 2 years.

Posted

I think it will be marginal further south, but not for us. As long as the ppn.makes it, we should be fine.

Lets hope so! We really need any ppn to be quite heavy to aid with evaporative cooling as the colder uppers get mixed out slightly. 

Not looking particularly cold tonight for my location at least with lows of 0c or -1c forecast. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Rain clearing southwards now, hopefully it'll be a brighter day! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Foggy and frozen slush here this morning yuk.

Tuesday looking like a total non event (no surprise there then)

C.S

Posted

Looking at quickly at the NMM12 any snow looks like it would be restricted to inland elevated locations as Temps and DP's remain positive as the front moves in before breaking up.