Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Winters over again in the model thread! Oh dear!

Anyway looking forward to snowy weekend followed by a cold week ahead!

All because the warm sector associating with the next week low pressure doesn't mean the Winter is over. I think it will turn colder again after the low go past, drawing in more north-westerlies. :smile:  

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Terrible  18z cold spell over by wed....no slider...instead of snowfest its a rainfest for all.....hope its an outlier or just plain wrong.

Read SM's post. Maybe still a chance.

Posted

All because the warm sector associating with the next week low pressure doesn't mean the Winter is over. I think it will turn colder again after the low go past. :smile:

Agreed! To early to call! Some peeps need to chill!

Posted

All because the warm sector associating with the next week low pressure doesn't mean the Winter is over. I think it will turn colder again after the low go past, drawing in more north-westerlies. :smile:  

They need to have a hard look at themselves, it's just one run. They really are a bunch of empty heads.

Edited by SnowLover2010
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Thankyou for the warm welcome I hope I can add input where I can, but I am still only 20 so apologises if I make mistakes but i still will try and give a level headed input even though I( like many on this forum) would be like to buried in snow! 

However, people need to remember that we live on a relatively small island and little changes can make a huge difference.

Now on to tonights GFS 18Z, well what can I say apart from that it looks like it hasn't had enough beer to produce one of its stonker stella runs. with saying that, the uppers, even in the early timeframes are further east. This, combined with warm seas will spring showers out of nowhere with convection, bringing showers across out small part of the world. Yes, it doesn't look likely that the low will slide, its unfortunate but, to my eyes it would of caused a shallow easterly to only be toppled and put us back it to a westerly regime. 

short term, snow showers will occur starting tonight, its important for people not to get to worked up about the current synoptics because there is alot of winter left, plenty of chances to get sustained cold onto our shores. I read an intersting report earlier which suggest a colder set up progged for feb- caution advised, but it stands a chance. Chance being the key word when it comes to the weather! 

Lets us enjoy what is on offer, some low minima, frosts, and even falling snow! Not 2010 but also not a kick in the teeth, tomorrow is another day when it comes to the weather, and personally I am taking 72hrs as FI- 96hrs at a push!

Hammy

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Ey up y'all. Been watching the showers come in off the Irish sea all eve, without a great deal of luck here. However, i notice that the wind is starting to veer back to a west of northwest flow just now. I think this might be a sign of a trough coming through the Irish sea and onshore in the next hour or two. Could be wrong but i noticed EURO4 thinks we should see some troughing by 6 am so perhaps theres hope of some snow in the next few hours?

Edited by Cumulonimbus Tower
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

strong onshore wind makes it a bust for coastal areas tonight and tomorrow, should be alright above 150M id say

Posted

Bbc had me down for heavy snow tomorrow. It's now changed to sleet and rain!!

Posted

strong onshore wind makes it a bust for coastal areas tonight and tomorrow, should be alright above 150M id say

From an imby perspective, a strong onshore westerly will give us a very good chance of decent cover, a slight more SW/W flow and bingo..

Yes the coast does best under frontal attacks or deep unstable arctic air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

From an imby perspective, a strong onshore westerly will give us a very good chance of decent cover, a slight more SW/W flow and bingo..

Yes the coast does best under frontal attacks or deep unstable arctic air.

Agreed, i think you will wake up to a covering tomorrow, there is showers forecast overnight, good luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Activity now over irish sea

• Like 3

Posted

Tomorrow bringeth what tomorrow bringeth.... Simples.... â„â„??

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1

Posted

the fells producing ppn, how does that happen?

Posted

Last post from me - just a rogue light sleety hail shower passing through and that's been the lot so far this evening - had expected more activity by now and with that off to bed and hoping to wake to a white blanket..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

BOOM Pennines!!!!

15011706_1618.gif

15011712_1618.gif

15011718_1618.gif

15011800_1618.gif

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Snowing here. . Big fat flakes and sticking fast. Gritters dont come to our village so it will be help yourself to the grit bin in the morning.. sorry to everyone else who wants snow.

You must have some altitude, temperature up to 2.8c here with sleet.

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Looks like a shower band just forming off shore and into Norther parts of the region already. Good luck

• Like 1

Posted

Well as things stand the forecasted snow for lowland parts of the NW has been downgraded over the coming days, but I'm not convinced by the short term output due to the wild swings we are seeing. I think tonight / tomorrow could still spring a few surprises for many in the NW away from the usual coastal strips that don't fare to well in these situations. As for next week lets see where we are come the end of the weekend before calling the Samaritians.

• Like 1

Posted

Going to set my alarm for 5 and have a look what the situation is. Don't know why but I have a feeling it will start as snow then turn to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Temp finally dropping away here. Just above freezing :)

• Like 3