Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

We had hail earlier but its sun y again now but quite bitter, temps dropping

Through mum and dads window in leyland

post-16218-0-02269800-1421416401_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Very dark over huyton prescot area

Posted

Me again, mr negative!!

It seems I must live in the worst place. Its been dry all day, apart from 2 sleet showers!

However tomorrow does sound promising!

Posted

What area of Oldham?, some areas are really hilly plus areas right in the pennines still have Oldham addresses, this is because the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham covers a wider area than just the town itself, some areas are near to 1000ft and can have really big drifts.

Near the Oldham Sixth Form Collage on Oldham way? Going to the Pentagon Citreon dealership. Thanks for the replies!

Posted

Looks a drier mid to late pm for most parts now unless showers start developing again. Largely missed the showers this morning even the band of showers that went through earlier, this area went between two core cells.

Sums up the last three days here, little frontal rain from that storm system, last evening's rain band fragmented here with virtually no rain and this morning's showers have mostly missed.

Looks a drier mid to late pm for most parts now unless showers start developing again. Largely missed the showers this morning even the band of showers that went through earlier, this area went between two core cells.

Sums up the last three days here, little frontal rain from that storm system, last evening's rain band fragmented here with virtually no rain and this morning's showers have mostly missed.

It always seems to do that in Irlam - two cells split and it goes around.

I do think the NW has a chance tomorrow, but more likely Monday into Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Near the Oldham Sixth Form Collage on Oldham way? Going to the Pentagon Citreon dealership. Thanks for the replies!

The town centre is at 700ft altitude so I would expect if the precipitation does hit that there is a good chance of it being snow,

Posted

I live just south of Oldham TC and I've just come through off Oldham Way from returning back from work - just had a heavy hail shower but nothing lying yet.  BBC are forecasting wintry showers from the word go tomorrow with more chance of snow falling, but the gritters normally service the A-roads if you keep to them you should be okay....

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

It was snowing in Hoylake, Wirral about an hour ago.  Got to Wallasey and nothing :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Good heavy ppn over Stranraer heading for Cumbria. :)

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

If people miss out over the next few days its only a short drive for most east up the M65 and there'll be plenty of snow up there.

Tuesday is my big hope.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I might go to either blackburn or burnley tomorrow to see the snow. At least its better over there. I give up in lowland Lancashire. :-(

Edited by pip22

Posted

I might go to either blackburn or burnley tomorrow to see the snow. At least its better over there. I give up in lowland Lancashire. :-(

Thats a good plan,  I think thats the only way to look at living where we do,  to get upset about it is like living in the desert and being surprised it doesnt rain more.   

• Like 1

Posted

12_48_preciptype.png?cb=216Potentially something for all of us tomorrow afternoon?

There's potential for everyone, it's going to be now cast for most, the right conditions may just slide into place...

I now have heavy snow falling as I type!

Edited by chiffer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

We supposed to get nothing but rain boooooo !!