Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Yes, the cold air is digging in this region now and should rapidly start to turn from sleet & hail to snow as the day goes on.

Irish Sea is looking quite convective too, and can see Anvils moving in, probably all hail at the moment, but that cold air is digging in.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Heavy snow about 30mins ago, progressively lighter and trailing edge of blue sky coming into view.  Nice to have flakes instead of hail / graupel for the first time this winter.  Feels a bit more wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its gone dark here too. Trying to rain and its a cold wind

Posted

I've just lost 15 valuable minutes of my life reading through a load of a garbage dressed up as model discussion, I'm surprised some of the more knowledgable folk bother posting in there as it reminds me of a school full of naughty children. IMO it's still looking good from today onwards with several snow events possible over the next 7 days at least, with even a February 96 type event possible.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Sunny spells and calm here, I kid you not

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Mellor - Rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I've just lost 15 valuable minutes of my life reading through a load of a garbage dressed up as model discussion, I'm surprised some of the more knowledgable folk bother posting in there as it reminds me of a school full of naughty children. IMO it's still looking good from today onwards with several snow events possible over the next 7 days at least, with even a February 96 type event possible.

Indeed

I wouldn't mind betting the 06z is different

C.S

Posted

Weather warning from met extended over greater manchester and me!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=em&fcTime=1421366400

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Dusting at work.

post-9615-0-23849700-1421400183_thumb.jppost-9615-0-10752200-1421400219_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Slight dusting when I was leaving eg remount and very heavy snow got to big rig which is about 30m higher and it was laying on the roads, nowt past Whaven, pretty peed off tbh I had to leave snowy eggy

Posted

We remain snowless in Preston but you can't say the weather isn't interesting.  Rain about 7.30 quickly followed by thunder and lightning and a heavy hailstone shower that lasted long enough to leave a covering.  Made the first part of the journey to work interesting.  Sleety mix up towards Lancaster as well.  

Although all the snow is now out of the forecast for Preston for the weekend these showers will give a few surprises for those further inland i'm sure.  As for here, we wait patiently for falling snow .... now well into our third consecutive winter without that.       

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Thunder,lightening and hailstones this morning as all our windows are out! Lol we are having all new windows in today! Least its not windy!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Raining here. It was snowing/hail here with thunder earlier.

I enjoyed the thundersnow though.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Light covering on roofs in Cockermouth, the fields I can see out of my window seem well covered. Localised coverings in West Cumbria judging by other posts. Probably thinner nearer the sea.