Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Best chance in the next few days remains tomorrow and saturday. Marginal nearer the coastal strip but further inland it looks like there will be snow - there i've cursed it now.

Expect to see tuesday corrected further sw. Cheshire/staffs will be as far north as the precipitation gets imo.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

post-16474-0-63749300-1421343812_thumb.j

post-16474-0-13205600-1421343830_thumb.j

post-16474-0-40075900-1421343838_thumb.j

:)  :cold: :cold:

Edited by pip22
  • Like 3

Posted

Completely different world here to those on the western coasts - winds gusty but nothing too problematic.  May be later on when the storm slides away to the north east were the winds will be strongest here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Hope the ppn from that slider low on reaches me on Tuesday, lost count the amount of times a low coming up against a cold block just stops short of cumbria, its bloody heartbreaking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Hope the ppn from that slider low on reaches me on Tuesday, lost count the amount of times a low coming up against a cold block just stops short of cumbria, its bloody heartbreaking.

I don't wish to be a doom monger but from my past experience of these situations you could have your heart broken again, you might get something before then though from heavy showers.

Posted

I'm not to happy about slider lows, they aggravate me even if there coming straight for us sometimes. We can only see what happens on the day I shall be enjoying the cold weather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I don't wish to be a doom monger but from my past experience of these situations you could have your heart broken again, you might get something before then though from heavy showers.

i agree with you, i cant remember a single slider low delivering snow here, the ppn literally never reaches here, i can remember a few atlantic lows smashing right through a cold block with rain and mild following so thaws very quickly.

Posted

i agree with you, i cant remember a single slider low delivering snow here, the ppn literally never reaches here, i can remember a few atlantic lows smashing right through a cold block with rain and mild following so thaws very quickly.

just posted this in the mod thread they really wind me up

Tut tut mods feel free to remove I do not post on here much prefering to sit on the fence and watch from behind the scenes and leave it to the most experienced on here,i do feel that the mod thread is fast becoming the south thread,when a person from the north west comes in and gets slated for commenting the north west is gping to have loads of snow,i do feel the mods need to get a hand on this it is very much becoming imby yet again.Thanks 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think the 12z is quite a upgrade for snow potential this weekend for us. I think we deserve this after nearly 2 years of little or no snow. :)

Buffallo_DerekGee_BuffaloNews-1024x660.j

:cold: :cold: :cold:

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted

would love that but this is more likley ....attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nah. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Love the pic pip22...lake effect snow in Buffallo, US, last Nov i guess, shame we don't get that here off the sea...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Not too bad here now. Seems to have settled

Posted

stick to posting in here. there are imo more people in this thread that know what they are talking about ☺

Anyway back to Tuesday, we need the front aligned more n/s rather than nw/se as currently for us all to benefit , time to change yet still.

• Like 1

Posted

stick to posting in here. there are imo more people in this thread that know what they are talking about ☺

Anyway back to Tuesday, we need the front aligned more n/s rather than nw/se as currently for us all to benefit , time to change yet still.

We need it like the 00z lool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wind easing off a touch now but still very gusty, my dogs nearly turned into kites on the walk! Stormy weather over for a while, now let the cold weather begin! :)

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 2

Posted

Good luck to everyone for snow this weekend!!!

Think I'm gunna take a good 24 hour break from these forums(unless I get snow) as I am only forecast sleet/rain showers tomorrow and Saturday. And by the sounds of it were going to miss out on Tuesdays fun.

I got myself so worked up/excited last night I couldn't sleep!

How sad am I lol.

• Like 1