Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Last report from me this evening - another heavy very shortlived snow pellet shower - what is it with these snow pellets.. adding to the crunchy layer we have. Its a lovely white scene outside, a thin layer but everything white all the same.

Still think the morning promises some fun and games and not before some further showers over night - would be nice to see a generous cover, between and inch or two would do.

Temps locked at or just below freezing.

Tomorrow will be the third morning of snow cover this winter - not a wonderful statistic given we are nearly half way through..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Still cold and dry here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

No shower activity at all here today,not totally surprised though,would have more chance from a NE or Esterly

the next week looks good with plenty snow opportunities,even the presenter on the BBC at 22.30 had a small ramp 

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The radar seems the sea no longer producing showers now. I'm glad I did witness a couple of hail/snow flurries at least. But still better than good old clear skies. :smile:

Edited by pip22

Posted

just had a nice snow shower. covered surfaces and cars after all the previous snow melted earlier on.

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Last thing this region wants is an easterly....if there is, the death knell will sound for our snow chances......as for tonight, the blackburn snow shield is fully operational.

But if you get a potent Easterly with a big scandi block and a long draw right from Siberia, you get multiple chances of snow though, I don't like these slush fests from NW erlies, even N'lys still need a wave feature or only coastal areas benefit as you get the wishbone effect.

Posted

But if you get a potent Easterly with a big scandi block and a long draw right from Siberia, you get multiple chances of snow though, I don't like these slush fests from NW erlies, even N'lys still need a wave feature or only coastal areas benefit as you get the wishbone effect.

I can't see us getting a deep easterly from Siberia anytime soon. Next week looks like having a weak Scandi block so the best chance for snow here would be from a frontal system coming from the west and stalling over us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

potent showers developing to my north and south again, 10% till im in rage mode like, OMFG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I can't see us getting a deep easterly from Siberia anytime soon. Next week looks like having a weak Scandi block so the best chance for snow here would be from a frontal system coming from the west and stalling over us.

Agreed but what I am saying is if I could choose my synoptical set up, that's what it would be, fronts are fine provided they stall in the right place, the bar has been raised back to mid 80s standard up until the dyer winter  last year, 1998 - 2009 then yes, an inch of wet slushy snow would suffice but not now, I am after the big one now - risk to reward ratio, its like a fisherman going out with a bag full of sweetcorn and rather than have a net full of Roach and Gudgeon, wanting one big Carp a good few pound!

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

RAGE MODE ACTIVATED

gifs dont work?

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted

Cant actually believe this is happening for the 2nd time today, unlucky or the worst place for snow in the whole of cumbria?

angry-at-computer-o.gif GIFSoup

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Clear skies the odd cloud and dry

Posted

Agreed but what I am saying is if I could choose my synoptical set up, that's what it would be, fronts are fine provided they stall in the right place, the bar has been raised back to mid 80s standard up until the dyer winter  last year, 1998 - 2009 then yes, an inch of wet slushy snow would suffice but not now, I am after the big one now - risk to reward ratio, its like a fisherman going out with a bag full of sweetcorn and rather than have a net full of Roach and Gudgeon, wanting one big Carp a good few pound!

I know what you mean and I 'd love a screaming easterly with -10 uppers and snow showers making it over the Pennines with ease.

Posted

Looks like it's weakened before it got here

im surprised your not getting anything.

Posted

The dry gap from Whitehaven to Ravenglass must be because of the IOM, maybe because its colder than the sea its stopping any shower development to the east of it across the sea, not even joking.

Posted

If anyone is still up at this early hour,there is a line of snow showers pushing up through wales just approaching Cheshire

looks like they will head over to Manchester

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

Just started to snow here

C.S

Posted

Just spotted a flake myself.

That's it CC no more snow for you this winter.....winters over LOL

c.s

Posted

A nice dusting of snow near Northwich, it was snowing moderately until a couple of minutes ago. Hooray. Might be a bit more to come? After last winter where I didn't see a single snowflake, it's turned out to be a bumper winter so far...relatively.

Posted

A nice dusting of snow near Northwich, it was snowing moderately until a couple of minutes ago. Hooray. Might be a bit more to come? After last winter where I didn't see a single snowflake, it's turned out to be a bumper winter so far...relatively.

Indeed

BTW I live 2 minutes from you in Hartford

C.S

EDIT

Now moderate snow at Manchester Airport

Edited by cheshire snow