Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Stopped - End of fun - hopefully not for long though, hopefully this is just a pre-cursor to whet the appetite, hopefully before the winters out we will get a powerhouse Easterly

No that's us done for another year LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Looks dry on the radar for a little while now round these parts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Moderate snow here and settling although a bit slushy on the concrete drive.

Certainly an improvement on the zilch I was expecting though and proof that maybe I was wrong about getting nowt from the SW.

Thinking about it though, it's not often that snow ever comes from the SW as it is generally much to warm unless there is some serious embedded cold over the country which isn't really the case here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

No snow from this ,a bit of wind tomorrow ,probably not that bad and a decreased snow risk for weekend ,it's starting to get tedious !!!.

are you getting any ppn?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

small light shower appeared on the IOM, which will hit me if it makes it across the sea! chances of that happening........5%...doh

• Like 1

Posted

After a light covering earlier we've just had a good shower with enormous flakes which have given us a good covering

Posted

No snow from this ,a bit of wind tomorrow ,probably not that bad and a decreased snow risk for weekend ,it's starting to get tedious !!!.

Actually I thought next week is looking pretty promising looking at the charts today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

We had a light snow shower here in South Manchester, became a little heavier with a covering which has now already melted. That seems about it for this evening, radar doesn't look too promising for this area, but more so for other parts of the region!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

We had a light snow shower here in South Manchester, became a little heavier with a covering which has now already melted. That seems about it for this evening, radar doesn't look too promising for this area, but more so for other parts of the region!

i luv snow! when did you move up north?

Posted

Actually I thought next week is looking pretty promising looking at the charts today?

The next two weeks will be the crescendo of this winter with road closures and frozen canals! Then when I step my foot back in the country the southwesterlies will return! So make the most of it folks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Its snowing again here!! What a surprise!! :D

Edit: just stopped.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

No that's us done for another year LOL

I was pessimistic lately as it looked like the strat warming wouldnt deliver but if we can just scrape this easterly in and keep niggling away at the Vortex all the way through the atmosphere we might be alright, the good thing IF and its a big IF but if we could completely destroy the vortex by February, it might never be able to recover thus we could be in for another 2013 where we got beltings even in late March.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

i luv snow! when did you move up north?

Hey, I have lived in Manchester for almost 2 years now. Australia for a year before that, and darrn ssarrff in Ipswich before that :) Was hoping for a tad more snow,alas still disappointed... 3 years since I saw proper snow now due to the year in Oz... ha!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Nowt here now, after the shower a few hours ago, plenty of cloud though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It was trying to snow here minutes ago. At least it is trying its best.