Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Nothing but rain here, and already clearing up with blue sky to the west. However I just checked the reports from the airport and it's been snowing there even though it's only 150 ft higher up. Just shows how close it can get!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Arghhh so close but so far!! Why do they always just miss us?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

We are stuck inbetween with nothing !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

A chilly 3c according to my car, had the odd spot of rain but nothing worth putting windscreen wipers on for

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well we had the precip for around half an hour or so. Surprised that it was completely of rain. Temperatures lowered quickly down to 2.7C as it approached. Dew points were good at or just below 0C, and the uppers were good too. Just that 2M temperature which was a little high initially which ensured that most of the lower ground got rain!

It's not looking promising for showers either. The flow is too westerly for my location, the Welsh Mountains will eat them like a Sunday dinner before they reach here. So a day of sunny spells is likely here!

North of say Preston looks to be in a good position to receive a covering today. Of course the usual rules apply, the closer you are to the coast, the more hail you're likely to get. Further inland you'll be getting snow instead.

Fun fun fun.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

This is amusing. Highlighted is every weather station in the UK currently reporting snow. Everywhere in the west apart from us and Cornwall are currently seeing snow haha!

post-8895-0-87615200-1421155132_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Have to laugh, could tell something was afoot when I saw all extra pages in the MOD thread ... and sure enough .....there is an Easterly on the cards apparently, post rate will/has increased in there by 100%.  About as much use for us as a chocolate teapot, but at least it won't be mild.

Edited by Snow free zone
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

The sun is shining and we have blue skies !!! Boooooo !!!

• Like 1

Posted

They're all hyperventilating in the SE Thread about a Thunderstorm that has just crossed the South East. They've even hijacked the Atlantic Storm thread, a bit annoying.

• Like 4

Posted

Just got an update on my mobile (but not updated on main http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1421107200 website yet - some of the graphics are not showing) that snow & ice risk as been extended further south into Northern England (good news for Cumbria I think) and amber as been issues for central belt of Scotland.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted

I don't know which model Weather Underground base their forecasts on but they're forecasting quite a bit of snow Fri/Sat.

I wouldn't build up your hopes just yet but it's a possibility at least ☺ï¸

post-14390-0-77767300-1421159126_thumb.j

Edited by Brass_Monkeys
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well i posted a snow map from met office earlier that was missing us out and now they have updated it just to get us in! Lol

• Like 1

Mokid, looking at the way the showers are moving you look to be in the box seat for the next hr or so, as long as its cold enough that is

it looks promising but I'm pushing 6 c at present ,sky's looking good though ..Irish sea streamer forming :)... Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 2