Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm 14th - 15th January

Liam J

Posted

Squall line has just reached here. Impressive near horizontal rain and some strong gusts. Not sure if I could hear muffled thunder but I suspect it was most likely the wind howling.

i think its actually into NW london

Yes it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Not much to get excited about here, occasional 40mph gusts nothing much more then that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

W & N Ireland currently experiencing gusts of 70-80mph then SW Scotland in the next hour or so, very windy here atm with SW'ly gales gusting 50-60mph, looks like the peak will be between 12-3pm for NW England. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

post-9615-0-41408200-1421300689_thumb.gipost-9615-0-81284300-1421300696_thumb.gipost-9615-0-93418000-1421300702_thumb.gipost-9615-0-50842000-1421300710_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

a non event for me in northumberland! even had my bin out last night and its never moved!!

Posted

Malin Head had a recent gust to 81mph. Getting even stronger here, really gusty. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Could be. I'm looking at the Netweather radar, so it's always about 15 mins behind. I'm just outside the City so it'll be a bit longer before it gets to me.

If you take the Radar subscription you get it every 5 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Relatively calm

Do you not have a wind of 40mph and gusting 60?

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A standard winter storm in the end,winds speeds of which have been reached or surpassed already this winter and i'm sure will again before winter is out.Not without interest though,as the cold front passed i was awoken by roaring gusts.

Posted

Mean speeds 40-45mph with gusts into the mid 60's now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Well last nights wind was nothing special here, fair bit of rain though.  All calm but wind should pick up again in the next few hours.

Posted

A standard winter storm in the end,winds speeds of which have been reached or surpassed already this winter and i'm sure will again before winter is out.Not without interest though,as the cold front passed i was awoken by roaring gusts.

Same Here. around 01:15 this morning. Woke the ruddy baby up too. Other than that nothing to much

Posted

I'm thinking the tail end of this Atlantic storm could bring more mini tornadoes, severe hail storms and some more thundersnow?

I was thinking, ~ .. I wonder what a snownado looks like after hearing the reports of a tornado in Pembrokshire the other day amongst the thundersnow-storms!? 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Good old Shetlands looking rough today on the lighthouse cam.

http://visit.shetland.org/shetland-webcams

• Like 1