Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm 14th - 15th January

Liam J

Posted

Anyway, this storm has matured quickly. Not quite packing the punch some of us thought.

Surely it's a bit Early to Write the storm off ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Anyway, this storm has matured quickly. Not quite packing the punch some of us thought.

I dunno?! Depends where you are I guess? I'm surprised how rough it is here, and it's yet to peak!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Sounds really really noisy outside but there are no noises like wheelie bins rattling or roof creaking or bits and bobs getting knocked about.

These would be quite strange noises if you live on a boat as you say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

Gust of 44mph here on the very south east tip of England, that was up until 10pm, won't get the next reading until 11. Not expecting the worst until 2-3am here, light rain at the moment too. Fingers crossed I get woken up by it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Highest gust so far here is 61 mph at 2043. Let's see what happens when the cold front gets here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Just heard bbc local weather confirm that Needles reading. We're opposite the island and I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Windiest it's been since last winter.

The anemometer i take with a pinch of salt from the needles weather station, its right at the end of a cliff out in the sea extremely exposed, it will give higher readings due to being so high up and exposed :)

Posted

Late Tomorrow afternoon looks like the Worse of the Winds for Leeds. But it's just starting to get going here winds picked up in last half hour or so had a Gust of around 25mph so nothing major yet.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Yeah, the Squall, it's appearing to speed up as it approaches so I've brought my ETA up to between 1 and 2? ( border of lancs and yorks)

EDIT: posting restrictions lifted .... YEAH!.... so you'll hear a bit more from me!!!!

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It's blowing a gale in Exeter...must be gusting nearly 60mph so far and it's meant to reach peak at night plus there is a leak in the window so water is dripping through so I basically have to stay awake until the squal line passes

Should be here in an hour or so...

My head is aching? Maybe pressure drop, who knows

Edited by TwisterGirl81

I know what you're saying about its location cyclonic. We too always take it with a pinch of salt. My point was that it isn't a false measurement, which seemed to be what people were implying, just an elevated one due to its exposed location. Anyhow, I'm really hoping this doesn't get too much worse. Not sure my nerves can stand it!

Posted

I know what you're saying about its location cyclonic. We too always take it with a pinch of salt. My point was that it isn't a false measurement, which seemed to be what people were implying, just an elevated one due to its exposed location. Anyhow, I'm really hoping this doesn't get too much worse. Not sure my nerves can stand it!

I ditto your last line! Im in Brighton so know how blowy it gets. Just dont wanna lose roof tiles/ scaffolding etc

Oh and hi stroudly!! Remember u from MM :)

Posted

...and temperature has climbed from 3.5 C this morning to 9.5 C now. Looks like it's levelled off now.

I ditto your last line! Im in Brighton so know how blowy it gets. Just dont wanna lose roof tiles/ scaffolding etc

Oh and hi stroudly!! Remember u from MM :)

Been watching for a while but thought it was a good night to bring one or two reports....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

61mph gust the highest since the anemometer was installed on the roof in 2013.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

I live near gatwick and some aircraft are diverting, an easyJet flight just diverted off to Amsterdam!

Yes quite a few go arounds tonight.

I have my own measure of whether the wind is significantly strong or not, and that is when I can hear it on the opposite side of the house to the direction it's blowing from - and right this moment I can hear it.

• Like 2

Posted

Windy v gusty here (nothing out of the unusual as yet) and rain heavy with large drops. Temperature has risen to 8.1C.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I walked back to a mates house, it's horrendous! The power is going off & on, so a candle is at the ready. Crazy when you think what they had in Scotland last week?!

Im enjoying it, but stay safe!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

The rain here in Worcester has slightly picked up now, not that heavy though, pressure has now dropped to 981.2, still falling fast and just recorded a wind gust of 41.5 mph on my weather station.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

...and temperature has climbed from 3.5 C this morning to 9.5 C now. Looks like it's levelled off now.

Been watching for a while but thought it was a good night to bring one or two reports....

its that squall line that needs watching ( sure to wake a few of us up),Torro have a warning for its passage through.