Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm 14th - 15th January

Liam J

Posted

Just had a phone call from my Mum saying a ridge tiles been blown off and smashed on the patio, must have been weakened by the last storm as the winds only been gusting to 60mph, told her stronger winds are forecast tomorrow! Not a happy woman! 

My ridge tiles (9 of them!!) fell off on Friday in that storm. If she's got sarking (sp?) felt underneath then she should be OK. We had torrential rain after they fell off and the loft was dry as a bone.

Edited by NickR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

My ridge tiles (9 of them!!) fell off on Friday in that storm. If she's got sarking (sp?) felt underneath then she should be OK. We had torrential rain after they fell off and the loft was dry as a bone.

9!!! I don't know what felt she's got underneath the tiles! As long as there's something should be OK, hope none of the others have been weakened, she moved her car off the drive and away from the house. 

Posted

Windy here in Caernarfon, NW Wales, but it seemed to be windier here a couple of night ago!

I guess the winds haven't reached their peak here yet though...!

I don't have an anemometer, I measure wind by the lounge chimney roar :wink:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

60mph gust just now equalling the worst winds of last Winter, it really is a wild one here, with almost 20mm rain too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Gusts getting on for 65mph now, still lashing it down with rain. 

Posted

100mph are in fact still unusual even for exposed Welsh stations.

Latest max gust 87mph Capel Curig.

Probably selective memory from growing up in that beautiful part of the world. :)

Anyway, quieter than expected in Leeds so far, can hear the breeze outside but nothing to write home about. I expect it's on its way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just gone down town- proper rough! It seems to have an edge about this, seems more potent than I was expecting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Getting fairly gusty out there, blinds being sucked out the window, bins going down like skittles, clouds racing across the sky. Nothing like a good atlantic windstorm

Posted

Some pretty sharp gusts here now, a few small branches down in the local lanes, chimney roaring. Not yet on a par with some of the storms last December/January.

Posted

the actual centre, just taking the pressure falls, does suggest it may track a shade south of the position given by the Fax, but of course there are other factors to take into account. Some very strong winds anyway and a real threat of some very severe gusts on the frontal band/trough or whatever keeps showing on different charts, all the way across the UK as it swings east.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

A bit gusty. Nothing to report really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

It's as calm as anything here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

I doubt it

If only a message board could convey the sarcasm in my initial reply.

Anyway, this storm has matured quickly. Not quite packing the punch some of us thought.

• Like 4