Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm 14th - 15th January

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Just like what I done with the storm last week I've made up a map showing the top wind speeds according to the Met Office on their Weather Map to give a quick and easy view on the wind speeds,

attachicon.gifwindmapspeeds.png

Thanks for this :-)

Posted

Just like what I done with the storm last week I've made up a map showing the top wind speeds according to the Met Office on their Weather Map to give a quick and easy view on the wind speeds,

Thanks for this graph areas possible wind threat. Going to be hair raising here if we get 76 mph.

Mapantz hope she right with the 50 mph

Edited by vladthemert

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Any more info on that possible sting jet for NI as mentioned on previous page. Thx

Bleeding nora, don't be greedy now with the amount of storms you guys get!  Ireland looks to be worst hit with this storm ;)

Posted

Here's another one from Kirsty McCabe..

attachicon.gifJPEG_20150114_112319.jpg

Who's Kirsty McCabe?

Thankyou for the graph, looks a little too 'in general' though as I don't know anywhere in the southwest, apart from possibly Cornwall who have been forecast gusts over 70mph?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Any more info on that possible sting jet for NI as mentioned on previous page. Thx

Nothing indicative on the fax charts that suggests one. It's still possible of course! :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Who's Kirsty McCabe?

Thankyou for the graph, looks a little too 'in general' though as I don't know anywhere in the southwest, apart from possibly Cornwall who have been forecast gusts over 70mph?

She's a weather forecaster. Not sure who for at the moment, she does move around a bit. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Warnings are being updated, wind warnings Getting split into a few separate areas.

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

oh thank you so much for this, i do get confused , i read every post, but i still dont get half of it, this is in laymen s terms for me  :db:

Posted

Warnings are being updated, wind warnings Getting split into a few separate areas.

Think we will see amber warnings issued very soon for some of these areas....

Edited by leedsnowfan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Think we will see amber warnings issued very soon for these areas....

Usually they mention in the chief forecasters assessment if an upgrade to Amber is likely. Wouldn't rule it out though. The yellow warning mentions gusts possible to 80mph here.

Posted

Does this mean the double line of fronts will pack to lots of winds?? Especially here in London sarf

Posted

Like Surrey posted yesterday, the 4KM NMM shows what looks to be a squall line and the back of the cold front. The 3KM one doesn't show, strangely.

Rain rate snapshot:

post-15177-0-15507400-1421241524_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Usually they mention in the chief forecasters assessment if an upgrade to Amber is likely. Wouldn't rule it out though. The yellow warning mentions gusts possible to 80mph here.

If 80mph gusts dont warrant an amber , i dont know what does! 

Ever been hit by something at 80mph?

• Like 2

Posted

I've got a feeling this storm will be worst than what the met office think, just been on the website and I don't see anywhere in southern England gusting above 65mph overnight... In exeter the highest gust I saw was like 55mph lol  It's times like these when I wish I had a weather station or knew someone in Exeter who did.

Here's what I've found on the three weather websites I usally go on for Exeter and the highest expected gusts for Exeter

Weather Outlook.com - 65mph

Metcheck - 57mph

Met Office - 45mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

I've got a feeling this storm will be worst than what the met office think, just been on the website and I don't see anywhere in southern England gusting above 65mph overnight... In exeter the highest gust I saw was like 55mph lol  It's times like these when I wish I had a weather station or knew someone in Exeter who did.

Here's what I've found on the three weather websites I usally go on for Exeter and the highest expected gusts for Exeter

Metcheck - 57mph

Met Office - 45mph

The storm last week had gusts of 70mph here at Emley Moor weather station.Here are the most recent

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city?WMO=03346&TIME=std&R=0&LEVEL=140&LAND=__&ART=wind&WETTER=__&&TYP=windspitzen

I am sure there will be a station nearby to you.

Posted

If 80mph gusts dont warrant an amber , i dont know what does! 

Ever been hit by something at 80mph?

A direction sign post on the A23 outside of Brighton - that hurt.........

• Like 1

Posted

Metcheck - 57mph

Met Office - 45mph

try 'Wunderground'. cant post a link as on phone but will show local weather stations.

anyway, back up onto the roof....